Main Menu

Half-remembered lyrics thread

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 24 June, 2014, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Even less than half, in this case.  I'm trying to place a British punk song (from around the time of Sham 69, UK Subs, Slaughter and the Dogs etc) that says the word 'anxiety' a lot.  Can someone help me?  Johnny Stress, I know you know it
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

You sure it's the word anxiety you're half remembering?

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

So it is.  Thank you, Jim, you're a star.

PS - Cheers Sauchie, also a good tune but not the one in question.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Another one - some kind of power ballad I remember from the 80s or early 90s, sounded something like Bonnie Tyler or Pat Benetar; someone like that.
The lyrics said something like 'I'm coming over, whatever the cons-e-quence.'

That's all I remember, sadly - can anyone help?

QuickQuag

Hi, Mr Christ.

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but if you're still wondering, I reckon it'd be Melissa Etheridge's 'I Want to Come Over'
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: QuickQuag on 20 September, 2016, 11:21:46 AM
Hi, Mr Christ.

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but if you're still wondering, I reckon it'd be Melissa Etheridge's 'I Want to Come Over'

Sorry, I missed this till now. But yes! Thank you so much ... that's been wrecking my head for years!

(EDIT - I remember it mainly because a married woman I used to fancy liked it.)