Main Menu

Blade Runner 2

Started by Goaty, 27 February, 2015, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Sorry as try to find thread for it, buried somewhere! lol So Blade Runner 2 is still on.

Acclaimed "Prisoners" and "Incendies" director Denis Villeneuve is in negotiations to take the helm of the "Blade Runner" sequel at Alcon Entertainment.

Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Rick Deckard in the film. The first took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles, but the setting for the sequel is unknown beyond it taking place several decades later.

Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have penned the script which Ford recently called the best thing he's ever read. Ridley Scott, Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson will produce and filming is slated to begin next Summer.

Kosove and Johnson said in a joint statement: "We are honored that Harrison is joining us on this journey with Denis Villeneuve, who is a singular talent, as we experienced personally on 'Prisoners'. Hampton and Michael, with Ridley Scott, have crafted a uniquely potent and faithful sequel to one of the most universally celebrated films of all time, and we couldn't be more thrilled with this amazing, creative team."

http://www.screendaily.com/news/production/denis-villeneuve-in-talks-for-blade-runner/5083713.article

Tiplodocus

Fantastic news. Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford have been knocking it out of the park this last twenty five years - they have made nothing but great movies with barely a duffer between them.

No, wait! The other...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Prometheaus being Ridley's last effort and revelations about 'Robin Hood/Nottingham' I for one feel underwhelmed by this news.

Still Hampton Fancher was one of the original Bladerunner screen scribes [David Peoples the other] so perhaps it won't be too awful in the end.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Recrewt

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 27 February, 2015, 12:36:46 PM
Fantastic news. Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford have been knocking it out of the park this last twenty five years - they have made nothing but great movies with barely a duffer between them.

No, wait! The other...

oooh, you had me biting with that one.  I was mentally listing all the rubbish these two had come out with before I saw your last line!  Seriously though - why bother?  What are the chances of the new movie reaching the highs of the original.

TordelBack

Zero.

Even a pathological optimist could only go so far as to hope it won't befoul the original by association.

ZenArcade

That's pessimistic Tordel: one in a hundred. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I'm holding out for Legend 2: Die Legender.

There's no doubt whatsoever that Tom Cruise will be up for that.

Bagley

I watched Soldier (1998) for the first time a few weeks ago, which I was surprised to discover is considered a kind of successor to Blade Runner by writer David Peoples (co-writer of the script for Blade Runner).

Containing several spoken references to Blade Runner, apparently a Spinner vehicle can also be seen amongst the junk on the main setting for the film (I didn't spot it).

My surprise was mostly due to it being, in my opinion, an average film at best. Hopefully, a direct sequel to Blade Runner as described above will help dilute my memory of it.

Keef Monkey

Yeah I always thought that Soldier connection was really curious. I'm sure I read somewhere at some point that it was written as a straight Blade Runner sequel and was then distanced from it.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Famous Mortimer

Eurgh. There are a million great sci-fi ideas, why try and mess with this one? The sole motivation is money, and the sole marks for this particular scam are us.

I'm growing disgusted with the modern movie industry. Read 10 random issues of 2000AD. Chances are good that in one of those will be an idea better than "hey, let's do a sequel to Blade Runner".

shaolin_monkey

So if Harrison Ford is starring, and is clearly aged, does this mean Dekkard ISN'T a replicant then?!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 17 April, 2015, 02:51:13 PM
So if Harrison Ford is starring, and is clearly aged, does this mean Dekkard ISN'T a replicant then?!
It means "who cares, money!!!!"

Dandontdare

Seems Harrison Ford's entire career plan these days is to just revisit all his classic roles

Mardroid

But what classics they are...

Acually Deckard is probably the least classic. Not a criticism- he serves the film well, but other characters outshine him.... but they're supposed to.