Dredd The Cop part five wraps it up
Andrew Currie interrogation
Reaper Files
Judge Dredd text story by Robert Murphy
Tale from the Black Museum by Alec Worley and Paul Davidson
Anderson by Emma Beeby and Andrew Currie
The Floppy is Interceptor by Ian Edginton and Steve Pugh

IndigoPrime

I thought that was pretty good on the whole. A strong Dredd ending, the only negative being that this is it from Ewing for a while. The chat with Currie was entertaining, and his and Beeby's Anderson does the job nicely, even if she looks a bit like she's had a rejuve job. (Beeby clearly has a handle on the character—I very much hope she gets to script more Anderson.) The Black Museum one-off was amusingly horrific, and a neat nod to a very old thrill. The floppy was quite entertaining. I'd totally forgotten Interceptor, although it ends like there was to be more. Harlem Heroes... well. I guess the fact it's taking a month's break before concluding says a lot.

And then there's Reaper. I honestly have no idea what's going on here. Maybe I've not being paying attention, but what the hell just happened? Was the [spoiler]'demon'[/spoiler] part of a previous arc? It does really feel a lot like Mills [spoiler]pitching a continuation rather than providing a full stop[/spoiler]. If this really is the end, I'll be thrilled to see the back of it; I won't hold my breath on that though.

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Striking old school type image.  love it.

Dredd: Sad to see the end of this one, a very enjoyable tale. 

Interrogation: Skipped as always.

Ostiches: Fucking burned out with this utter drivel.  Yeah, I know 'moderate my tone', but believe me, that IS moderate compared to what I'd like to say about this garbage.  At least it did have 2 words that made me smile though.  THE END.

Dredd 'Back up Required': Minty-esque goodness. 

Tales From: Lovely B&W art, and an interesting tale.

Anderson: Meh.  Distinctly Meh. 

Once again the Meg has more fluff than substance for me.  Hoping the new line of tales next month starts something more worthwhile.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Geoff

What a blinding cover - with a painted logo at the top no less. Can't get enough of Fabry's work.

The Cop has been pure class and comes to a very satisfying conclusion.

Anderson has been disappointing - would like to see Grant and Dowling back with her.. I can't help but feel that Michael Dowling is the natural successor to the great Arthur Ranson.. 

Nice to see ol' Henry Ford in the Meg. 

The Monarch

New logo next month?

Going by past experiences characters wrecking logos lead to a new one

IndigoPrime

Yes, this is confirmed in the editor's intro.

Richard

I enjoyed this issue. The Cop ended well, and had more gruesomeness. I feel like reading it all in one sitting now, along with In Cold Blood and that other Deller story.

A rather bizarre epilogue for American Reaper, but with some great art.

A decent Black Tale.

And I'm delighted to see Finn Book 2 is in the floppy next month. It's about time!

Banners

What's with the quadruple amputees in the Holocaust Squad - have we seen that before? And is Deller a potential recruit now...?

Keef Monkey

Haven't read the floppy yet, and can't remember much about the story in question. Usually a good sign, means I get to enjoy it all over again!

Cover: Lovely, very old school and love the idea of literally destroying the old logo.

Dredd: Been a great series, and one with a lot of backstory and twists to take in so have been enjoying it while knowing that it'll really come into its' own when read in a oner. That double page spread of the Holocaust Squad arriving was fantastic and very well played. I made a little involuntary noise when I turned that page, a little excited bibble escaped my lips.

Interrogation: I haven't read one of these for over a year now, I just look at the pictures I'm afraid. I don't begrudge their inclusion as I'm sure people enjoy them, but after reading a few interviews with artists I found they're all sort of the same (sorry)!

American Reaper: What? Is? Even? Going? On? Have never been as down on this as others. Yes, the photo strip look of any panel with a person in it is massively distracting, but every panel that doesn't have a person in it looks lovely. I've always found the writing endearingly schlocky and bonkers too, but this might have bonkered right off into the sunset in the most bonkers manner possible. Is this really the end? Because if so it feels a lot like Mills rebelled against that by writing the most perplexing last episode he could just to annoy the haters. If that's the case then well played. Mental.

Back up Required: Quite enjoyed this, worth it for Dredd's last line in particular.

Black Museum:  Enjoyable enough, art looked really nice in places.

Anderson: Had a bit of a struggle to figure out what was going on in places, it seemed to jump around in a way that was a bit disorientating. Will need to read the whole thing and see if it works better.

Overall wasn't a great meg for me, only Dredd was really firing on all cylinders personally.

Dandontdare

the Dredd wrapped up very nicely, with room for a sequel; Anderson wrapped up too quickly for my taste - I think cadet Flowers makes a good sidekick for Anderson, so I'd like to see more. Always enjoy Black Museum strips, and this was no exception

I've been bored by Reaper for a while so maybe I haven't been paying attention, but this last chapter completely baffled me - when did other dimensions suddenly come into this story? This would normally prompt a re-read but you'd have to pay me to read any of that again. Glad it's over.

Haven't read the text stuff yet, and I'd totally forgotten Interceptor, but it wasn't bad at all.

IndigoPrime

Glad it's not just me wondering what the hell's going on in Reaper. A cyclical man might wonder if it's prepping for a sequel of some sort, rather than neatly wrapping things up...

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 May, 2015, 10:03:00 PM
wonder if it's prepping for a sequel of some sort

Please, for all that is thrilling, NOOOOOOOOO!!!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

James Stacey

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 May, 2015, 10:03:00 PM
A cyclical man might wonder if it's prepping for a sequel of some sort, rather than neatly wrapping things up...
Sweet weeping baby jeebus, No!

Keef Monkey

Just read the floppy, and Interceptor is fairly fun. Can't remember if there was ever any follow up? It sets up a lot of world in that first series.

Harlem Heroes has been dragging for me, not helped by how spaced out the installments have been. Steve Dillon's art looks fantastic though, always a pleasure.