Main Menu

That Drummer from Motorhead and Where My Taste in Music Truly Lied.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 14 November, 2015, 03:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Not that I don't relish obsessing over the recently passed on, but after looking at a pictures of this Phil Taylor....... and not being such a fan of metal that never made it to the popular channels I was more accustomed to. Like my head was focused on too many other areas to know Motorhead more than my peers could influence me to at the time. Like, I was already fifteen, when I school friends shared their love of Deep Purple and Led Zepplin with me after my interest in Dire Straits started to wane and more local hard-rock began to appeal to me. LIke The Angels/Cold Chisel/Midnight Oil among other younger artist of those days. Yet, this was after my on and off obsession with KISS, my families interest with ABBA and the Village-People when I was much younger, and my father particular interest in the strictly classical music (Whoever did the soundtrack for the classic Footloose film other than Kenny Loggins!) that I became only interested in with reference to Star Wars, and other popular SciFi or thriller films that John Williams composed music for.

So forgive me if I seem pretentious when I speak of Motorhead, who I could only remember the name of rather than a lot of their music. There were few bands I did like that I still couldn't remember the name of each member and their entire change of line-up from the beginning until now. Except KISS and I still need to Google them just to refresh my memory sometimes.

Looking at a lot of pictures of him with his  big almost spikey hair, that nose, that mouth and the rest of his face. I'm pretty sure Glenn Fabry based his version of you should all know who....

Not just the hair, but his facial expression most of the time!

Who ever still thinks Fabry based this one on himself, show me the money.....

BTW I 'm only really familiar with two of their songs.....Ace of Spades because of the film it was used in and Year of the Wolf because somebody referred me to this one when I was looking for music regarding Wolves.

sheridan

Which film?  Hardware (also featuring Lemmy, Carl McCoy and Iggy Pop)?

ThryllSeekyr

I know that one, wasn't he the water-taxi-driver?

Regarding that other film. I'm not too sure, but there was a film called Shooter which had that British actor who was in another film about the more Romanised King Arthur and he was the man in that film. Which I didn't think much of and in this other film called Shooter which he was some sharp-shooter who had to protect this baby from a some criminal network. I think the mother was shot, when he found the baby.   It was this film's most memorable scene as he dropped from some aircraft without a parachute shooting the bad guys  landing on one of them in mid air and using their parachute to fall to safety. I think it was in this sequence that song was played. He tried to dumped this baby on some call-girl pretending to be a nun or the other way round. She's like some famous model. She was the same girl who was Persephone (Bride of Hades) in the second and third Matrix film with Keanu Reeves as Neo and Hugo weaving as the head-agent Mister Smith. I 'm realy in to those films and was why I tried so hard to like Jupiter Ascending out of trust for the work of the Waichowski siblings (I have to use that word for particular reason ;)).

Anyway, Paul Giamatti is the head villain in this film as well. He was after something and this film is worth seeing if you like action movies, with lots of guns, and trick stunts performed by the hero. Forget his name, but he seems like a slightly Latino-Brit with this awkward sound voice/accent. Never really liked him personally.

He was also in some film called Children of Men, I think . Something to do with a dystopian setting and I don't think women were allowed to have babies. or were able to any more, but there was one who did or something.

Regarding that song Ace of Spades, thee was another film of the same ilk as Shooter, kind like Snatch and Rock n Rolla, but I forget the name unless it was Ace of spades Movie title same as song title and this was capitalised on as they used it to advertise the film the film on the telly. I can't find any recent film of that same name, so I might be wrong their. But it was one experimental films about a team of crooks or as you say ganstas.

That's all I know without waffling on more about other slightly unrelated films.

ThryllSeekyr

Who thinks the now drummer looks.....

Could be more half-titan than dwarf though.