Main Menu

Predator Vs Judge Dredd Vs Aliens - new crossover from Dark Horse

Started by radiator, 08 April, 2016, 09:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Quote from: Richard on 02 March, 2017, 08:58:11 AM
That's ridiculous. It shouldn't take almost a year to release four issues.
Unless you are image.

James Stacey

Magnetica

I'm actually not that bothered. I have plenty of other stuff to read as well as this. Now if a Prog or Meg was late that would be different.

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 02 March, 2017, 08:58:11 AM
That's ridiculous. It shouldn't take almost a year to release four issues.

Die Laughing (1998) planned just after Judgement on Gotham (1991) - which had to have some filler stories published (1993 and 1995) while they were waiting.

Link Prime

For a 4 issue mini-series from a major publisher, it's a bit of a poor show.
Especially considering the first two issues were released on schedule.

I'll pick up issue 4 for completions sake, but will admit that I regret buying it- not due to the delays, it just didn't float my boat.
Nice artwork & covers though.

Rogue Judge

Any word on when #4 is hitting the stands? Its been months...would kind of like to see how things go down in MC1.

No sign of it in the Dark Horse August solicitations. Hopefully this isn't another Daredevil: The Target situation (I remember buying #1 off the stands and waiting for issue #2 with anticipation...it never came out!)

Link Prime

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 05 June, 2017, 04:05:15 AM
Any word on when #4 is hitting the stands? Its been months...would kind of like to see how things go down in MC1.

Out next Wednesday.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I pre-ordered the collected edition. It was due to be delivered in March!

Be interested in your collective thoughts as to whether or not I should cancel.
Lock up your spoons!

Magnetica

Got an email today saying issue 4 has been dispatched.

That was quick. :lol:

dweezil2

Quote from: Magnetica on 15 June, 2017, 12:50:15 AM
Got an email today saying issue 4 has been dispatched.

That was quick. :lol:

Yeah, I got a dispatch email from FB yesterday.

At last!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 02 March, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
I'm actually not that bothered. I have plenty of other stuff to read as well as this. Now if a Prog or Meg was late that would be different.
I wasn't that bothered about the delay either.  I've got my progs and megs ever week/month, anything other than that (FCBD, sci-fi specials, etc) is just a bonus.

Eamonn Clarke

I've read it.
Shouty Dredd continues, and at one point he is rather hard to see, then it ends.

Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. But your mileage may vary.

dweezil2

After three issues that I rather enjoyed, #4 ends the story with a whimper and no real justification for why we had to wait so long to reach this point.

Things are wrapped up rather too conveniently, with Dredd and Anderson seemingly under little threat, which rather diminishes any tention built up in the previous issues.
Nice covers and interior art, but a missed opportunity in the final analysis.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Richard

Sounds like a waste of time. They should have just got Tharg to do it.

Magnetica

Quote from: dweezil2 on 17 June, 2017, 04:53:58 PM
After three issues that I rather enjoyed, #4 ends the story with a whimper and no real justification for why we had to wait so long to reach this point.

Things are wrapped up rather too conveniently, with Dredd and Anderson seemingly under little threat, which rather diminishes any tention built up in the previous issues.
Nice covers and interior art, but a missed opportunity in the final analysis.

Yes pretty much agree with all of that. It just ends. It's like "we've reached our page count so[spoiler]Dredd just better shoot the bad guy.[/spoiler]

The last part really wasted the "set up" from the first 3 parts and could almost be stand alone. [spoiler] Emoji is taken out just like that and the Aliens appear to offer very little threat to Dredd and Anderson.[/spoiler] Also since when was translating alien languages one of Anderson's skills? As a telepath she can hear their thoughts but that doesn't mean she can magically understand the language. The way control spoke to Dredd did not appear right either - no way is a mere control operative going to ignore Dredd - it just snacks of lazy plot device.

The best thing only thing I liked was the Fabry cover.