Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I'm looking forward to this but that "Skizz" logo looks a bit bodgy.  Go on Tharg, streamline it, lose the fat waists and make it metallic.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Why is Dredd the one at a quirky angle?  Is it a case of "Spot the one that's not really American"?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

He's about to headbutt the vigilante to take him in.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 06 January, 2017, 02:06:43 AM

Has anybody mentioned elsewhere that this is the very same Meg that sees the fruits of Rebellion's recent IPC purchase make it's presence felt in the floppy? First cab off the rank is The Lawless Touch by Kelvin Gosnell (aka Starlord) & Barrie Look Out For Lefty Mitchell from the pages of Tornado

Look Out For Lefty is now scheduled for floppy with Meg 386 according to the latest issue of Previews.

In the Meg proper there shall be:

The return of those Dark Judges in Dominion by John Wagner & Nick Percival.
More movie Dredd with Furies by Arthur Wyatt, Alex De Campi & Paul Davidson - not to be confused with the Hunted storyline of the same name that will be running in the prog simultaneously.
But more importantly Harry Heston is back!!! in Ape Escape, once more from Wyatt & Lynch.

Go (judge) ape.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Hawkmumbler

Colin YNWA

There's good news all round there and its nice to see the archive material reaching the Meg already. Will make the floppy essential reading for some time I suspect.

I, Cosh

Tharg giveth and Tharg taketh away:

Nefarious deeds are at work in the heart of the SJS in Judge Dredd: The Fields by Rob Williams and Chris Weston ... and the final book of superspy saga Greysuit commences, as John Blake gets his revenge on his handlers in "Foul Play" by Pat Mills and John Higgins!
We never really die.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 April, 2017, 03:15:59 PM
Quote from: Richard on 15 April, 2017, 12:08:55 PM
Amazon has the Complete Future Shocks as released in December 2018, which sounds a bit unlikely.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 April, 2017, 12:28:52 PM
Given that the RRP is £20.35, that looks like a US release, not a UK one.

The date was originally October 2017 (see my post a couple of pages back).  It's volume 1 and the publisher is "2000AD" so I assume it's a Rebellion phone book release.

'Fraid not, we've had to push back the Future Shocks and M.A.C.H.1 books to next year.

Link Prime

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 27 April, 2017, 10:19:18 AM
More movie Dredd with Furies by Arthur Wyatt, Alex De Campi & Paul Davidson

Alex De Campi co-writing a Dredd story? Welcome news.

Art

This is going to surprise nobody, but Alex is a very, very natural fit for Dredd.

Link Prime

Quote from: Art on 28 April, 2017, 11:01:12 PM
This is going to surprise nobody, but Alex is a very, very natural fit for Dredd.

And for the 2000AD stable in general I'd say.
Looking forward to seeing what you cook up.

Jacqusie

Quote from: I, Cosh on 27 April, 2017, 03:16:56 PM
Tharg giveth and Tharg taketh away:

Nefarious deeds are at work in the heart of the SJS in Judge Dredd: The Fields by Rob Williams and Chris Weston ...

That sounds rather splendid, Williams & Weston on Dredd again and those pesky SJS lot too, that's brill.

I didn't really listen about the other bit, sorry...  :)

positronic

Scarlet Traces say what now?? Has it been retroactively revealed that other Edginton series like Stickleback, Leviathan, Ampney etc. actually take place in the same universe as ST?

It never occurred to me this could be, but I only discovered Scarlet Traces when Rebellion released the first volume trade pb. I just thought they were all slightly alt-reality parallels of our own history (and of each other as well). What all might that include? I vaguely recall reading something about a Time Traveler (Wells' chronic argonaut) strip in 2000AD somewhere, not sure if that was IE.