Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Started by TordelBack, 23 January, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 July, 2017, 07:41:41 PM
that's the first time I've liked anything about [spoiler]Snoke[/spoiler] - pretty disturbing stuff in the flesh! Cropping out the banjaxed bits of his face, is there a wee touch of[spoiler] Kenobi[/spoiler]about yer man there?

I'm seeing more of a Quentin Crisp or Brian Sewell.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Wow, porgs have fur! A mammal in a flightless bird niche - clever stuff, and a design that should make millions of cutey-dollars (my daughter has already requested one for Christmas). Hope they work on screen, 'cos they aren't going to please the grimdarkers one bit. They were counting on TLJ being the darkest one yet, like they always, inexplicably, do.

JOE SOAP

Any linen for the wash, Master Skywalker?

Professor Bear

If nothing else, I see a centrist alliance forming between the "Ewoks are shit" and "it's automatically good Star Wars if George Lucas had nothing to do with it" brigades, but Sweet Christmas, this isn't going to help the accusations that the sequel trilogy has bugger all else beyond stripmining the OT for recogniseable elements - be they good or bad - and then polishing the living bejesus out of them with modern production values.  We can but hope they also go for the four-act screenplay structure that's made most modern blockbusters a parade of shitty pacing, too.

TordelBack

I'm loving the gelfling vibe off those Mon Atees, but dear grud they're going to have Oirish accents, aren't they?

Professor Bear

If it has Irish Ewoks I will be first in line for this motherfucker.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Professor Bear on 09 August, 2017, 08:36:36 PM
We can but hope they also go for the four-act screenplay structure that's made most modern blockbusters a parade of shitty pacing, too.

They've moved up a notch from the padding of a shitty 3 act structure?

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 August, 2017, 08:44:48 PM
I'm loving the gelfling vibe off those Mon Atees, but dear grud they're going to have Oirish accents, aren't they?

To be sure, they will. The feckers.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

TordelBack

Would it be too much to ask that the caretakers could sound like Miracle Max and Valerie instead?  If nothing else we could save a lot of time by re-purposing the 'Watto is anti-semitic' posts that take up 5% of the total storage capacity of the Wayback Machine.

I do love the Podge & Rodge designs, but I'd take 'to blaaave' over 'be be sure' any day.  I could only accept Oirish accented aliens if they were voiced by the Rubberbandits.

Mardroid

A new kind of Interceptor? It's not the best image, but quite a different designed cockpit, from what I can see. I wonder if this is Kylo Ren's personal fighter.

JLC

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 August, 2017, 08:06:26 PM
Wow, porgs have fur! A mammal in a flightless bird niche - clever stuff, and a design that should make millions of cutey-dollars (my daughter has already requested one for Christmas). Hope they work on screen, 'cos they aren't going to please the grimdarkers one bit. They were counting on TLJ being the darkest one yet, like they always, inexplicably, do.
Yep, dark = adult for a lot of people. Yes the prequels were awful but Star Wars is aimed at a young audience despite middle aged men still enjoying it & wanting it to be made just for them!

dweezil2

Quote from: JLC on 14 August, 2017, 08:28:57 AM
Yep, dark = adult for a lot of people. Yes the prequels were awful but Star Wars is aimed at a young audience despite middle aged men still enjoying it & wanting it to be made just for them!

I don't know, I found the Ewoks pretty irritating back in '83 when I was 12.
Films aimed at kids don't necessarily have to be childish.
Of course, after A New Hope, Lucas always had one eye on the toy market, so cutesy aliens is de rigueur for any Star Wars based movie at this point.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JLC

Quote from: dweezil2 on 14 August, 2017, 10:16:57 AM
Quote from: JLC on 14 August, 2017, 08:28:57 AM

I don't know, I found the Ewoks pretty irritating back in '83 when I was 12.

Some did I guess. I didn't. I still don't.