Main Menu

Prog 2036 - Betray the badge and pay the price

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 17 June, 2017, 01:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: norton canes on 23 June, 2017, 11:37:14 AM
  Grey Area: After last week's 'refresher' episode I'm adapting to the knockabout shtick of this instalment. Abnett writes so well, it's impossible not to enjoy it, even if some of the characters types are a bit cliched (which I suppose is kind of the point).
Depressingly, some of those cliched character types are alive and well - encountered one this morning, who epitomised the definition of 'white male privilege' (barging around, completely ignoring the older, filipino woman he almost knocked over).

Jacqusie

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 17 June, 2017, 01:10:35 PM

Brilliant cover by Chris Weston, he certainly makes his mark when Tharg allows him back into the prog. For my money he's not used nearly enough in 2000AD and it would be great to see him on a longer run on Dredd with Rob Williams.

Like Ian Edginton, I seem to relate more to these writers style and I think it's probably I'm getting on a bit. Dan Abnett's marathon discourses and daft sound bytes don't do anything for me.

I'm even warming to the plodding pace of Defoe (still beautiful art by McNeil) but I'm a bit confused by Titus's inability to incapaciate a few Reeks when he's taken out hundreds of the buggers.

Still, it's better than Grey area and Brink (blah blahdy blah blah)

Good job that there is muchos variety to keep us all Zargjizz...