Main Menu

The Mysterious Cities of Gold - Season 2?

Started by Michael Knight, 12 May, 2017, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

Absolutely loved the original series of this as a kid. It still stands up pretty well today. Just wondering if anyone caught Series 2 they released on Dvd couple of years ago? Any good?

sheridan

Quote from: Michael Knight on 12 May, 2017, 04:49:15 PM
Absolutely loved the original series of this as a kid. It still stands up pretty well today. Just wondering if anyone caught Series 2 they released on Dvd couple of years ago? Any good?

I've watched a bit of it - special effects are better than the original, script and dialogue is on par - no complaints from me.  Only thing it lacks is the nostalgia factor, which can't be helped.

Michael Knight

Cheers for feedback Sheridan. It looks pretty cool from trailers ive seen. Think I'm gonna check it out myself. Nothing can replace the nostalgia of original. Personally I'm still hoping for a live action Ulysses 31! Was optioned by Canal + a few years ago but it think its in development hell. 

sheridan

Quote from: Michael Knight on 12 May, 2017, 05:41:59 PM
Cheers for feedback Sheridan. It looks pretty cool from trailers ive seen. Think I'm gonna check it out myself. Nothing can replace the nostalgia of original. Personally I'm still hoping for a live action Ulysses 31! Was optioned by Canal + a few years ago but it think its in development hell. 

I think it's as good (including sometimes hackneyed dialogue) as the original, but without the benefit of nostalgia - so if you can put that aside you should enjoy it as much (or at least I do - haven't seen all of it yet).