Main Menu

What's your avatar all about then?

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 25 May, 2017, 01:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Me and my friend Stu (on the right) and a certain astro droid at Star Wars: Celebration Europe in 2007.

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

sheridan

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 25 May, 2017, 11:25:35 PM

Modesty forbids me from commenting on my glorious avatar. Those in the know know why.....
I'll take a guess it's a portrait of you by King Carlos?  Presumably got published in a Dredd strip...

sheridan

Mine is from that time I met Sir Terry Pratchett, around the corner from where I live (well, two corners, but who's counting?)  In the same evening I also met Shappi Korsandi and John Lloyd (the one behind Blackadder, QI and a few books with Douglas Adams).

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 26 May, 2017, 11:42:06 AM
Mine is from that time I met Sir Terry Pratchett, around the corner from where I live (well, two corners, but who's counting?)  In the same evening I also met Shappi Korsandi and John Lloyd (the one behind Blackadder, QI and a few books with Douglas Adams).
Shappi Khorsandi - and I thought I was going to misspell her first name...

SuperSurfer

Mine is a detail of an effort of mine, from a bygone age, when I would manage to find time to draw.

It was for this forum's art comp on the theme: classic 2000AD moments for which I drew a scene from The Return of Rico.

Theblazeuk

Because I love Kingdom; I forget I have an avatar; and I'm Lazy.

In that order of events.

Doctor - screw modesty for those of us not in the know!

Professor Bear

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Albion

My character from the Judge Minty film drawn by Cliff Robinson for my commission of Judge Minty and the mutant gang.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dandontdare

When I joined I picked one of the sample avatars but it turned out to be the one used by one of the mods, Wake - as an internet novice I had no clue what I was doing but Wake was super-helpful in setting up another Dan Dare avatar.

There was a prolific boarder at the time who had an animated avatar of kicking boots - I asked how such a miracle was possible and was directed to various free gif-maker sites. Bushy eyebrow dude is my default doodle in boring meetings so that was my first scribble.

I've considered changing it many times but I feel that now people know me by it, it would be at best confusing, at worst downright rude to change it.

Professor Bear

Steve Green

Mattofthespurs

It's the badge/crest of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Mikey

Mikey SMUSH!

This is a pic I took of my Mongrol toy the day I got it. It also represents my fall down the collecting tat rabbit hole after years of being on the wagon. 
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 May, 2017, 07:25:45 PM
Bushy eyebrow dude is my default doodle in boring meetings so that was my first scribble.

I've considered changing it many times but I feel that now people know me by it, it would be at best confusing, at worst downright rude to change it.

I saw your badge at the 40th (I was the one who said I was disappointed that the badge wasn't animated!)