Main Menu

Releasing short fiction via Twitter...?

Started by blackmocco, 29 May, 2017, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Perhaps of no interest to yiz whatsoever, but I've started posting a short piece of fiction online via 140-ish lettered slabs on Twitter. It's titled '1978'. I'd submitted it to a couple of places to nowt (which of course may just mean it's shite. Haha! And all apologies if that's the case!), but I just felt bad for it sitting around scratching its arse and thought I'd try something a bit different.

Cheers folks!

You can find it here: https://twitter.com/blackmocco2000
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

You should post the full thing here, for us non twitter people who can't stand the set up of their website :D

blackmocco

Yeah, it's a pretty unfriendly medium to try something like this, for sure. I'm not a huge Twitter fan myself, to be honest. It's there, I use it every now and then, but I usually find it to be ultimately empty. The thing is though, I kinda like how it works in this context. The purity of sometimes releasing a single sentence adds all sorts of weird new emphasis. I dunno. I would enjoy reading a story this way. Chunks of it being released at a time. I might throw the whole thing up here when I've released it all.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com