Main Menu

Game of Thrones Season 7: It's A Bit Nippy Out (SPOILERS)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 18 July, 2017, 09:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I meant to say, everyone thought he was born in King's Landing.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JamesC on 30 August, 2017, 06:05:19 AMthere are at least two people on this thread who don't think she ever really did consider siding with LF against Arya.

Given that she'd fed Ramsay Bolton alive to his own dogs, the only doubt in my mind when watching was whether she'd actually be stupid enough to trust Baelish over anything after he handed her over to Ramsay in the first place.

Asking for help reclaiming Winterfell was obviously a calculated risk, but I had no problem believing that Sansa was playing a longer game, waiting for Baelish to overreach before having the slimy git finished off.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Sansa carried out the 'trial' in from of his own men (The Vale) and as so much of it revolved around the murder of Lisa it will only further cement the relationship.

A Stark passed the sentence and a Stark carried it out- also further emphasising the solidarity of the family.

When Sansa uttered LF's name- the Evans house had to pause the viewing in order to calm down- we've all waited for this for so long.

Goaty

I really don't care about any characters just two in Season 8, and want know if Tormund finally got Brienne!

Tjm86

Quote from: Goaty on 30 August, 2017, 11:29:30 AM

How familiar is that response?  Who else is willing to admit to having been on the receiving end?

Bolt-01

Wild haired ginger men do that to me all the time...

It gets embarrassing, frankly...

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Richard on 30 August, 2017, 09:52:44 AM
QuoteWhy would Bran think Jon being born in Dorne would make him a Sand rather than a Snow, when Jon's place of birth has never been in dispute...? Everyone knows he wasn't born in the North.

Nobody knew that except Ned Stark, and us. It's still a massive secret.

Nah the rumour was always that Ned's affair was with Ashara Dayne, a Dornish lady.

The big twist for me really after all that ([spoiler]other than the Wall falling like a house of cards[/spoiler]) was the confirmation that yes, the whole of Robert's Rebellion and the fall of the House of Targaryen and all of this was all down to a madman overreacting lethally.

Richard

QuoteAshara Dayne

In the books maybe. Not in the TV series.

Theblazeuk

Yeah, but he always had to come from the South. Ned went off to war in the south and came back with a bastard.

Modern Panther

QuoteHow familiar is that response?  Who else is willing to admit to having been on the receiving end?

I love that Tormund is completely oblivious to the disgust there.  He's just happy there's a big, sexy lady in his warband.

lincnash

Quote from: Modern Panther on 30 August, 2017, 06:12:31 PM
QuoteHow familiar is that response?  Who else is willing to admit to having been on the receiving end?

I love that Tormund is completely oblivious to the disgust there.  He's just happy there's a big, sexy lady in his warband.

I will be very disappointed if there isn't little Giantsbane/Tarth juves running around in Season 8.
But that look sort of sums her feelings up without speaking.

lincnash

Rara Avis

Sorry to come late into this but I have been otherwise occupied of late.

In regards to the LF / Sansa / Arya discussion .. I don't think that Sansa trusted LF after what happened with Ramsey Bolton but he did come to the rescue at the Battle of the Bastards. I think Sansa viewed him after that as a resource and a danger, one that she didn't know how to deal with. I think the point of the 'game' scene was that it outted LF. By leading her to the conclusion that Arya wants to be Lady of Winterfell he over plays his hand. Sansa knows full well that being the Lady of Winterfell or anywhere is the last thing Arya wants. If Arya wanted that she could have killed Sansa and taken her face in the previous episode but she didn't. When LF tries to portray Arya in that light it only confirms that he not only can't be trusted but that he is a danger to the Stark family. I understand that they filmed a scene which did not end up in the final cut where Sansa consults Bran about LF and Bran uses his powers to 'see' LF as the audience have. This was cut so that it didn't spoil the 'How do you answer these charges .... Lord Baelish' scene. However all being said it was a very disappointing end to what had been a major character.

As for Jon Snow / Sand .. isn't there a scene in S1 where Catelyn Stark talks about Jon. I'm half sure she mentions how Ned came back with Baby Jon, said he was his son and refused to say anything else. He was probably called Snow because they were up North and without knowing exactly where he was born he was given the name for Northern bastards. Maybe that was in the books though ...

In regards to the disastrous trip to capture a wight which resulted in the death of Viserion I don't understand why Dany didn't attack the Night King when he was on his ledge. Also Jon's group were in viewing distance of the NK  ... no one thought to bring a bow with some dragon glass arrows? The loss of Viserion makes me wonder where the show is going to with the whole ' the dragon has three heads' thing. Or why didn't Dany just swoop down and grab a wight ..

Also the appearance of Rhaegar was such an incredible disappointment. The actor did not do justice to the character at all. Hopefully if they show more of this story line they will get a different actor and a better wig.

Overall I think this was the worst season. It seems the focus was on getting all the characters together and getting the players in place for the final season but it could and should have been handled with much more finesse. There were simply too many moments where the audience was asked to suspend belief in regards to the timeline of events.

Oh and the use of the Golden Company will have to backfire on Cersei - they historically have connections to the Targaryens in the books. Even if that isn't brought up then Dany might be able to use her connection to Daario to get them onside.

radiator

QuoteWe'll have to agree to disagree but there are at least two people on this thread who don't think she ever really did consider siding with LF against Arya. At most she is tempted by the promise of more power and perhaps likes to imagine how far she could go if Jon and Arya weren't around. But I don't think there was ever a serious intention to betray the other Starks, no matter how clearly you seem to think this was shown. It was all a game. Some of us even said so at the time.

So, what you're saying is you agree with me that it was totally obvious what would happen all along and as a result was entirely lacking in tension and felt very drawn out over a whole season?  ;)

radiator

QuoteOh and the use of the Golden Company will have to backfire on Cersei - they historically have connections to the Targaryens in the books. Even if that isn't brought up then Dany might be able to use her connection to Daario to get them onside.

Tbh I could see Daario being brought back - as a spurned suitor - as an enemy of Danaerys.

The TV show has played very fast and loose with all the sellsword companies (Daario leads the Stormcrows jn the books, not the Second Sons as in the TV show) and the Golden Company connection to the Targaeryens/Blackfyres has never been brought up in the TV show at all, so I don't think they're beholden to that part of the lore.