Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scorsese makes Joker movie - or The Death of Culture  (Read 407 times)

Frank

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Scorsese makes Joker movie - or The Death of Culture
« Reply #15 on: 26 August, 2017, 06:49:47 pm »
Whether Mr Scorsese gets a say in casting, editing or anything else, I doubt

I'm sure the film will show as much of its Executive Producer's influence as that Batman v Superman Chris Nolan put his name to.

Scorsese's involvement will be the same as the bras Holly Willoughby 'designs' for New Look. Their PA shows them some samples, they say 'does it have to be blue?' or 'the tits should be bigger; the next thing they hear about it is when it's in the bargain bin, with their name all over it.

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
Re: Scorsese makes Joker movie - or The Death of Culture
« Reply #16 on: 28 August, 2017, 04:23:19 pm »
I guess the crown prince of crime is going to be a wise guy. This attempt to recast the Joker as an organised crime figure does resonate with me since a lot of the animated Batman stories had this as the back story of the Joker, and you can see Warner Bros logic behind it.
Also the Joker has been a be-suited organised crime figure since at least far back as Burton/Nicholson's Batman from the 1980s (which was probably the first Batman story I, and many others, were exposed to other than the 1960s TV series).