Started by Proudhuff, 28 August, 2017, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Not on the telly for ages but coming out on DVD...WTF!  :o

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

That seems a peculiar move surely?! I've been waiting patiently for it to appear on Channel 5, I guess it might pop up on Netflix if I wait a bit longer.

Seems really odd that UK telly didn't pick up the third season, surely it's not that unpopular?! Channel 5 did the same thing with Sons of Anarchy (the last season or two didn't air on telly but went straight to dvd here) and I think that was a really popular show. Wonder if it's down to the big delays between airing in the US and airing here, whenever there's any kind of substantial gap people will just watch it elsewhere.

Keef Monkey

According to this they still hope to air it, but something is blocking them from doing it currently.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2017/08/07/official-gotham-season-3-will-premiere-uk-dvdblu-ray-28th-august-2017/

Proudhuff

no used ones for sale yet  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Pyroxian

It should be showing up on Netflix from Sept 1st according to Geektown.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

Yup, just got a notification that it's on Netflix now!

JamesC

Watched the first episode last night but couldn't remember what the hell was going on.

I think it's gone down hill to be honest. The trouble with these prequel shows is that there's such a temptation to add in more and more characters from the original material.
I think it would have been far more interesting to keep it fairly grounded as a cop show with only the odd nod to how the city would develop. I guess it's a tough act to balance - you want enough continuity stuff to make the Batman connection worthwhile but to me they've gone too far into the territory of a full on Batman show but without Batman.

Goaty

Quote from: JamesC on 06 September, 2017, 01:57:28 PM
you want enough continuity stuff to make the Batman connection worthwhile but to me they've gone too far into the territory of a full on Batman show but without Batman.

Very spoiler if not want check out Season 4 teaser?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/BruceWayne-600x371.jpg

JamesC

Proudhuff

Nearly at the end of the series and if you want to see the FF's The Thing bellow 'I am the LAW' and 'I am Judge, Jury and Executioner!' then stick with it, but I think Rebellion should sue!

It seems to be splitting into about three different series: there's the teen Buffy-lite gang, the gritty Police procedural and a small bit of Darren Brown's Gothic Horror Hour chucked in, severe lack of much touted [spoiler]Indian Hill's madmen on the loose in Gotham.[/spoiler] Too expensive perhaps?

The Gay [spoiler]love story[/spoiler] is most welcome,but you know that's not going to end well :D

Over all it seems to have swerved away from the earlier series darkness and heading safely for TV MOR, even the odd nod to bondage and leather is played for laughs... however the redshirt body count does seem remarkably high!

DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

[spoiler]the loonies were dealt with early on focusing more on the sheer insanity of mega city on....err i mean gotham[/spoiler]

auxlen

Really enjoying season 3! chaos and lost of riddler/penguin goodness. Ivy and selina are great etc
on the downside...Jim Gordon is starting to grate with his husky tough guy voice.
Bullock is still fun
and Chiklis is hamming it up beautifully

Professor Bear

Some of it was fun, but only accidentally.  It keeps switching focus and nothing has a chance to stick.