Main Menu

Zenith returns in Prog 2050!

Started by robert_ellis, 13 September, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

I'm guessing it's just a pin-up or starscan. The face looks like Steve Yeowell - but is it? Great line up on the strips. Tharg's mighty organ swells with thrillpower!
The full line-up for Prog 2050:

JUDGE DREDD // ICON by TC Eglinton (w) Colin MacNeil (a), Chris Blythe (c) Annie Parkhouse (l)
ROGUE TROOPER // A SOLDIER'S DUTY by James Robinson (w) Leonardo Manco (a) Simon Bowland (l)
GREY AREA // HOMELAND SECURITY by Dan Abnett (w) Mark Harrison (a) Annie Parkhouse (l)
SLÁINE // ARCHON by Pat Mills (w) Simon Davis (a) Ellie De Ville (l)
INDIGO PRIME // A DYING ART by John Smith, Kek-W (w) Lee Carter (a) Simon Bowland (l)
SINISTER DEXTER // DOWN IN THE DUMPS by Dan Abnett (w) Steve Yeowell (a) john Charles (c) Ellie De Ville (l)
THE FALL OF DEADWORLD // HOME by Kek-W (w) Dave Kendall (a) Annie Parkhouse (l)

james newell

My guess is, (and i have no inside track here) Zenith will appear in SINISTER DEXTER as Steve Yeowell is the artist on it?

what do you think

robert_ellis

That makes sense. And would explain the image framing of Zenith.

dweezil2

I guess it's too much to ask for another series from Morrison and Yeowell?   :-\
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IndigoPrime

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Was really excited when I saw the promo image, but then i found this thread and saw those terrifying words "Sinister" and "Dexter".

Really? That thing is *still* running? Jeez, way to totally burst my bubble.

Call me when Phase V is out.

JLC

So its a guest appearance? Was hoping for a new story.

Hawkmumbler

Until Phase V is commissioned by the mighty Wizard Grant and Ye-Owl droids this will do just fine, anything to see the cocky bastard back in the prog.

Rara Avis

Colin YNWA

Quote from: james newell on 13 September, 2017, 06:58:55 PM
My guess is, (and i have no inside track here) Zenith will appear in SINISTER DEXTER as Steve Yeowell is the artist on it?

what do you think

That would be cute. When I saw the advert I figured it would be a poster or some such.

Fungus

Looks like a PR droid in a T-shirt.

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Link Prime

This just in;

2000AD PR Manager gives personal "F*ck You" to former employee Grant Morrison by commissioning artist Steve Yeowell to portray him cosplaying as Zenith. 

;)

Magnetica

I for one don't want a new series of Zenith.

Now I absolutely love it, but it's done. Let's not do a "Robo-Hunter" on it.

Always glad to have Sinister Dexter in the Prog. I think it would be fun if the boys are engaged to deal with a middle aged, slightly overweight, balding, washed up former pop star.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Magnetica on 14 September, 2017, 01:09:14 PM
I for one don't want a new series of Zenith.

Zero chance of that. It's either a pin-up, or a throwaway gag in the Sin/Dex that Yeowell is drawing.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.