Main Menu

Zenith

Started by Arkady, 14 September, 2017, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

I never read Zenith, and now I hear rumours of its return I'd like to catch up. Can anyone confirm - does the published trade one sees on the shelves (with the yellow/black thunderbolt spines) contain everything printed so far?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Arkady on 14 September, 2017, 08:39:03 AM
I never read Zenith, and now I hear rumours of its return I'd like to catch up. Can anyone confirm - does the published trade one sees on the shelves (with the yellow/black thunderbolt spines) contain everything printed so far?
Quiet literally everything, all 4 'Phases', one shots, epilogues, even the Millar short prose. They're oversized HC rather than TPB's though, and damn sexy ones too. Some of the best collections rebellion ever made.

Arkady

Mmm,I thought the ones I'd seen on shelves were soft-covers, but maybe I'm wrong.

These ones, right? https://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Phase-1-Grant-Morrison/dp/1781082766

Arkady

Maybe those are different to what I've seen on the shelves, which I think were three-part editions with a multi-part-image spine art?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Arkady on 14 September, 2017, 10:27:44 AM
Maybe those are different to what I've seen on the shelves, which I think were three-part editions with a multi-part-image spine art?
There are four HC's, one for each stry arc or 'phase' in the series, and yes, they have a spine builder that produces the Z icon.

No soft covers have been released yet, as far as i'm aware, as the HC are still in circulation and solid sellers.

Arkady

IndigoPrime

If you do see any soft covers around, they're either escapees from a supposed-to-be pulped run of Phase 1, or really old ones from the Titan reprints that were done for Phases I–III way back. The hardcovers are really nice, though, so get them before they're out of print.

Hawkmumbler

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the waaaaay older editions from before the whole hoo-haa between Morrison and Fleetway. Yeah ignore those, they only really have a kind of novelty value to them at this point and are incomplete, also sell for ridiculous money. The HC are the definitive way to go.

EDazzling

There's a really nice slipcase for them, too. I picked it up from forbiddenplanet.co.uk last year bundled with the Phase IV hardcover for only a bit more than either individually.

IndigoPrime

Tomwe

What's the scoop on the Zenith return? I saw the new Yeowell image (looks like Molch-R to me). Who will write you think?

Tomwe

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this:
John Reppion (@johnreppion)
13/09/2017, 22:40
I love that absolutely everyone is saying how much 2017 Zenith looks like @molcher. I bet he's not fed up of that yet.

molcher (@molcher)
14/09/2017, 10:51
@johnreppion Of course not. I've barely even noticed...

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 14 September, 2017, 10:01:22 AM
Some of the best collections rebellion ever made.

Without a doubt.

glassstanley

Quote from: Tomwe on 14 September, 2017, 11:24:22 AM
What's the scoop on the Zenith return? I saw the new Yeowell image (looks like Molch-R to me). Who will write you think?

My guess would be a one page poster.

Tjm86

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 14 September, 2017, 10:01:22 AM
Quote from: Arkady on 14 September, 2017, 08:39:03 AM
Quiet literally everything, all 4 'Phases', one shots, epilogues, even the Millar short prose. They're oversized HC rather than TPB's though, and damn sexy ones too. Some of the best collections rebellion ever made.

Also worth bearing in mind that the yellow HB is limited to 1000 copies.  A gorgeous piece of work that Rebellion used to leverage the rights situation I think (could be wrong though).  Some of the asking prices on eBay are quite amusing.  The subsequent individual hardbacks did ruffle a few feathers so soon after the limited edition.  More about the timing really.