Main Menu

A quick thanks to Rebellion, and note of encouragement for the competitions

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 09 August, 2014, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I somehow won last month's art competition, and as a prize my postie has just delivered a freshly minted copy of Return to Armageddon.

There can't be many companies willing to donate new, unreleased, material as a prize to folks messing about on their forum. And this is the second time I've had such a prize - I got an unrelease (at the time) Savage book for winning the writing compo.

So, if you ever wonder if it's worth it, then just think: free comic books.

(Jon must have a pile of them the amount of times he's won stuff)
Lock up your spoons!

hippynumber1

A superb sentiment and one I'd like to second. An, at the time, unreleased copy of Anderson, Psi Files vol 4 was the reward for my measly 500 words!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Neil McClements

Absolutely! I received that fantastic hardback Trifecta with the 3D/hologram cover as a prize.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Nikolai Dante:Love and War for me.  :D Such cool artwork. Arrived today just as I hear a storms heading for the country. Thankee kindlee Rebellion staffers!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

hippynumber1

That's where I won mine and am currently struggling to come up with a story, in spite of it being my bloody choice!  :lol:

judgerufian

Also add to the mix with the Delvin Waugh Swimming in Blood collection received just for voting in the short story competition!
Great thanks to all the forum organisers of the competitions and also to Rebellion, this is just one of the many reasons you have such loyal fans!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: judgerufian on 12 August, 2014, 09:46:05 AMDelvin Waugh Swimming in Blood collection
How's the repro on this edition? I still haven't spotted one to check, but I'm reluctant to buy after getting burned by the awful/botched (respectively) DC/Rebellion editions of SiB/Red Tide.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

judgerufian

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 August, 2014, 11:04:12 AM
Quote from: judgerufian on 12 August, 2014, 09:46:05 AMDelvin Waugh Swimming in Blood collection
How's the repro on this edition? I still haven't spotted one to check, but I'm reluctant to buy after getting burned by the awful/botched (respectively) DC/Rebellion editions of SiB/Red Tide.

Swimming in Blood is extremely good, the colours are bold and you can tell its original painted roots which I remember being quite dark at times. The Herod story due to be being printed in the prog has much flatter colour but they are reproduced well and its a bigger tome than I would have given it credit for as I forgotten how long the Herod saga was.