Main Menu

On being 40

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 30 December, 2014, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Age is a state of mind. Now if I could only find where I left it...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: von Boom on 31 December, 2014, 04:09:29 PM

There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

:D

von Boom

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 31 December, 2014, 04:16:19 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 31 December, 2014, 04:09:29 PM

There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

:D

:lol:

Recrewt

Congrats on your milestone birthday Dr X. 

I have  a couple more years before I get there but I'm sure that time will still pass.  Ageing is a funny thing - as soon as you get out of your twenties the gap between those who act older/younger really seems to grow.  I have worked with people in their 30s who you would have guessed were in their 50s! 

Mardroid

The big '4' '0' is around 3 months away from me...

Oh.. Happy new year every one.

Magnetica

I'll be 46 in a couple of weeks. I found turning 30 a lot harder than turning 40. But I recently went to a friend's 50th birthday, which is a whole other thing.

Anyway, I often think I was born at a really good time because:

a) it was the right time to start reading 2000AD at (almost) the start.

b) Liverpool where winning everything when I was growing up.

c) virtually all the bands I like where formed before the end of the 1980s.

Now I know you could argue these are self-fulfilling things and if I was born later would be interested in other things, but these are the things I am interested in and I love 'em.

The Legendary Shark

I'll be 49 in July and I'm still kicking (and biting and spitting and howling). My age is not something I pay much attention to, I feel no different to the way I did when I was 12 - except for a lot more confidence and a twinge in my knee. I'm actually quite surprised to have made it this far, almost half way through my first century!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Daveycandlish

I'll be 45 this year yet I still have a fair bit of hair on my head and all my own teeth so it's not all bad.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

sheridan

I got the ear pierced when I was a teenager and the last time I was interested in flash cars I was approximately ten years old.

I bought a bit of Star Wars Lego when it first came out - nowadays my lego comes in the form of presents :-)

ThryllSeekyr

I am now 43 as of the 10th of last month/year!

I'm not enjoying the passing of my years  as much as a lot of you are claiming to considering what I could have done over the last 20 years (Or the whole or most of my 43 years!)

Now, I'm wising I had Time-Machine (That Delorean car from Back to the Future!) or the Tardis itself (Calling Dr Who!) I haven't seen any of the Hot-Tube Time-Machine movies (Are they any good!)

Then I could use them to give my younger selves advice at numerous instances over the course of my life so far. Then I could whisper into my ear stuff like.....

Psst....come over here!

You really shouldn't do that , You know!

There is a better way of doing that, you know!

That girl flashing her panties really likes you, make a move on her!

That girl is a waste of time, don't even talk to her!

You will be doing my......I mean yourself, a great favour if you beat the living daylights out of fellow there pretending to be your friend while they're still small and before you both grow older and he starts picking on you!

While my younger self will most probably be replying with stuff like.....

Who are you?

Why do you keep following me?

Do you mind?

Please stop that you going to get my killed!

Stay away from me creep....pervert!

Pervert!!!!!!

And Later on my life closer to present....

Why do you look so familiar?

How come you never seem to age?

Do you mind? 

The Enigmatic Dr X

I loved Hot Tub Time Machine; it was a cheery mash up of Dude Where's My Car and Austin Powers. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
Lock up your spoons!

Dandontdare

I'm 48 today but I don't feel a day over 47.

Currently stuck at work (boo), no celebrations planned - I'm saving myself for The Big One in a couple of years).

ZenArcade

Happy birthday triple D. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Happy Birthday, DDD - hope it's a good one!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 January, 2015, 11:15:44 AM
... I'm saving myself for The Big One in a couple of years.

I hear all their comics are drawn by machines.

Happy birthday DDD!