Main Menu

On being 40

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 30 December, 2014, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

So. On Boxing Day I was 40.

Not only does that mean that I have been drinking with the wife, friends and family every night since, but I also got a watch and two things that I think are well cool:

This

and this

(Which is apparently a limited Onato pen - no, me neither but it's dead fancy - of a type used by Churchill).

Roll on 50, that's what I say.

I'm also going to pool the cash I got and get a monitor.

Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

Nice - another 40-year-old here, and Sandcrawlers are one of my favourite vehicles from the Star Wars trilogy...

I, Cosh

A Lego Sandcrawler is a pretty awesome thing. Welcome to the new decade.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

Yep, forties are awesome.  I'm two years in now, and it's been a blast! I could take or leave a Sandcrawler, but I still have my die-cast Star Destroyer from 1977 if that counts?

Spikes

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 30 December, 2014, 01:58:41 PM
So. On Boxing Day I was 40.

That probably makes you the youngest person on here?  ;)

Bolt-01

Nah, I think Hawk could well be the youngest 'regular' but I think there could well be a few lurkers out there who are around that age too.

amines2058

40 here as well. Turned the big 40 last August and no complaints so far!  :D

Colin YNWA

Yep 43 all too soon and won't have a word said against it... well aside from the fact that my body once taunt and muscular (ahem well kinda) is getting increasingly saggy and yet strangely inflexible... go figure.

Mattofthespurs

I'm 46 and a creaking mess.
Ankles crack, shoulder pops, back creaks, knees crunch.
You can hear me coming a mile away.
Would rather be 30 again.

Link Prime

37 in two weeks, and can already feel the clammy touch of Judge Mortis (aka being over 40).
Makes sense that most 2000AD 'lifers' are around our age...

So who's the oldest forum member?  ;)

ZenArcade

Hawkmonger? Joking. Z (I'm 45 btw)
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Buttonman

Many Happy Returns Doc X - if it's any consolation to all these people calling you a youngster you look well over 40!

I'm 43 and doing OK - getting the running times and BMI down to an acceptable level while still misbehaving when I can. Brush with the Reaper in March (myocardistis ; fine now) redoubled my efforts to get fit and have fun. Not to the bothering with Lego extent that you have done, but still kicking at any rate.

JamesC

I was 38 this month. Didn't get a Lego Sand Crawler (but I did get a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy Nova ship).

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It's heartening to known I'll still be getting Lego a decade hence.
You may quote me on that.

Bat King

I can't recall if anyone bought me any Lego for my 40th... I got s clock & a surprise party.

47 now. I better get Lego for 50 from at least half the family... or I will sulk.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex