Main Menu

Baked Beans

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 07 January, 2015, 07:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 08 January, 2015, 01:24:46 PMQuick veggie chilli if you throw in kidneys as well.
Interesting...
We never really die.

radiator

The Legendary Shark

Much as I love 'em, mushy peas will always be the prince and never the king. Even on the rare days when my taste-buds can't decide, the Baked Bean always wins because of That Scene in Blazing Saddles.
Mushy peas never achieved such artistic perfection and they never will.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rog69

I like my beans overdone so that they have the consistency of mushy peas, stir in a little ketchup too and spread them into a fish finger sandwich. Best meal ever.

Richmond Clements

this cold bean travesty has given me an itchy ban finger... disgraceful!

JayzusB.Christ

Always scaldingly hot, and not just because I fear banishment from the forum.  A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Greg M.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 January, 2015, 11:08:52 PM
...a mere meat collage.

And the award for 'Description Most Likely to Appear in a John Smith Story' goes to...

gurnard

Hot. Always throw in some chunks of cheese (cheddar or gouda something that melts) cook slowly with dried garlic and paprica, cayenne if you want a kick, till the cheese is melted or stringy.  Eat on it's own, on toast or with a side of a tuna mayonnaise sandwich.

When I was younger I used to put beetroot and mayonnaise in, makes them turn flouro purple colour (I was stoned in those days) :-)

@Theblazeuk I like the quick veggie chilli idea might give that a go.

Hawkmumbler

Been studying for my divers rescue course all morning so now i'm gonna have some beans on toast. Because I have nowt else in the house and i'm not going out in this weather!

Theblazeuk

Gurnard, it's a recipe from Beyond Baked Beans (my first cookbook heh). Despite the title the first four pages are all about what little things can make beans into various cheat (n cheap) dishes.

Spikes

Zenith 666

Is there no physical examination hawk because your in trouble if you don't like the cold :)