Main Menu

Bolland's take on Slaine

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 17 March, 2015, 09:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montynero

Well, damn. Now I *really* want a Brian Bolland Slaine strip.

Magnetica

So there is a guy who draws Slaine in the style of those images sauchie has posted.

His name?

Well that would be Glenn Fabry.

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play, sauchie, I've changed my mind.  If Bolland was using that particular style I would love him to draw Sláine.

But like Magnetica says, Fabry did it equally well (though I have to admit I wasn't quite so impressed with his recent work on Book of Scars).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 April, 2015, 08:37:18 PM
Fair play, sauchie, I've changed my mind.  If Bolland was using that particular style I would love him to draw Sláine.

But like Magnetica says, Fabry did it equally well (though I have to admit I wasn't quite so impressed with his recent work on Book of Scars).

Fabry's, MacMahon's & Bisley's work on Book of Scars  reminds me of the ending to that film The Ninth Gate....

Judge Brian

If only Tharg could trick Bolland into drawing 36 Slaine "covers", each one being a panel of a 6 page strip.

TordelBack

It'd be hard even for Pat to write around the way Slaine would be sitting still and staring right at the reader in every frame.

Judge Brian

Maybe that's the pose that Tharg asks for. His DC covers are much more varied.