Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Knight (2014)

Started by Goaty, 04 March, 2014, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

An apparently spoiler-heavy review of the game from the lovely Red Letter Media:

http://redlettermedia.com/pre-rec-batman-arkham-knight/

JamesC

So how are we all getting on with this?

I'm really struggling. It's not that it's too difficult, I just find the tank sections really awful and frustrating and it makes me not want to play the game!
I can't think of many things less Batman like than tank to tank combat. It takes me right out of the game and feels like some horrible shoehorned in extra that just shouldn't be there.
It's a shame because the story is quite good (minus the Poison Ivy stuff - shit character).
I don't know if I'll ever get around to finishing it unfortunately.

I actually preferred Arkham Origins. That game got a bit slagged for being a 'cash in' but at least it all felt Batman like to me. The hand to hand combat in these games is excellent so I was quite glad to have a fairly straightforward beat 'em up with end of level bosses!

Satanist

I finished this about a month back. I enjoyed it very much but agree the tank sections are the worst of it so it doesn't help there are so many.

I just cant be arsed clearing out all those Riddler trophies though.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Link Prime

Quote from: Satanist on 20 August, 2015, 03:24:29 PM
I just cant be arsed clearing out all those Riddler trophies though.

Driving a battered and indignant Riddler to the GCPD lock-up was very, very satisfying.

JamesC

I did all the Riddler stuff in Arkham City but have no intention of doing it again. I think it's a shame that the Riddler was consigned to this 'collet 'em all' mechanic throughout the whole series.

Keef Monkey

I loved it and loved the Batmobile, but I must admit on New Game + the tank battles started to wear on me at times, partly because they were a bit tougher that time round and partly because I'd rather be punching fools.

Persevered and wound up with 200% completion though and found it really satisfying. I thought finding and solving all the Riddler stuff was great, but I loved it in previous games too so it could be I have just the right kind of compulsive personality to enjoy ticking that stuff off.

Picked up the new Batmobile DLC (the 1989 Burtonmobile and a couple of new race tracks) and had a blast over lunch, it's not very substantial but it was under £2 and I did enjoy that side of it so any more tracks to master is good.