Main Menu

Two strips I'm trying to remember

Started by Jade Falcon, 12 August, 2015, 11:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

I remember the first 2000AD annual I got was the 1980 one.  I'm sure round about then there were two strips running and I can't remember the name of them.

One is a flooded Britain with two characters going from place to place in a DUKW amphibious vehicle.  For some reason I seem to think it's Bill Savage and Silk from Invasion, but I'm probably wrong.

Another one was a time travel strip.  A motley group of British soldiers find a time machine and are trying to get back home.  I think there's also a German U-boat commander or crewman with them who initially causes trouble.  Again, any idea on a name?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Bolt-01

The Bill Savage strip was disaster 1990. The second was the phantom patrol. That one is a reprint from Vulcan, I think.

Jade Falcon

Thanks for that, was either ever reprinted or shown online (legally)?

And was it Silk that was with Savage in Invasion?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dandontdare

Disaster 1990 was reprinted in one of Megazine floppies not so long ago - and IIRC it wasn't Silk (who he didn't meet till the Volgan invasion 9 years later) but some science boffin he picks up for the purposes of explaining all the sci-fi plot points while he waves his shootah abaht.

Phantom Patrol was one of the 60s boys-comic reprints that they used to pad out the early annuals (Rick Random was another). They weren't strictly 2000ad strips, and the fashion for cobbling together stuff like that for Xmas annuals didn't last, so it's never been reprinted since.

Jade Falcon

I wouldn't mind reading Disaster, I only ever saw a few parts.

The Adventurer

Actually Disaster 1990 was reprinted across two floppy reprints bagged with Megs 331 and 332

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK