Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

Maybe now you'll be too spaced out to go around splitting and merging threads all the time.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 21 April, 2012, 12:33:45 AM
Maybe now you'll be too spaced out to go around splitting and merging threads all the time.
Has he ever merged two threads and then split something off that ungodly hybrid?

Sometimes I think he wants there to only be one enormous thread but other times it's like he thinks every post should be a thread to itself.
We never really die.

Emperor

I once split a thread Roger loved, and he never forgave me.

I once split his mom, and he didn't care.

Which one of us is the monster?*

Quote from: The Cosh on 21 April, 2012, 12:38:44 AM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 21 April, 2012, 12:33:45 AM
Has he ever merged two threads and then split something off that ungodly hybrid?

Sometimes I think he wants there to only be one enormous thread but other times it's like he thinks every post should be a thread to itself.

It is a shock and awe scheme designed to confuse the threads into submission.

* We both are
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

judgefloyd

a car turned in front of my bike the other day with no warning whatsoever.  I hit first the car, then the road.  Some really nice passers by looked after me, got the driver's details and one of them even drove me to work and called up an hour later to check I was okay. 

Trout

And are you?

That sounds a nasty experience, but I'm glad to hear people were kind enough to help you out.

judgefloyd

yes, I'm fine, apart from feeling shaken for a few days.  The niceness of the witnesses was what made me think of it for this thread.  Also I was lucky - if I'd been square in front of the car when she'd turned, I might be a lot less functional. 

staticgirl

It does my heart good when I hear about how kind people can be when someone is in distress. You often see 'thankyou' letters in local newspapers and it makes me feel that my fellow humans aren't all bad.

I'm glad you're okay.

SuperSurfer

Hope you're feeling better judgefloyd.

Last week on the tube there was a woman with young kid in pram who was sniffling and wiping away tears. I only realised this after a woman tapped her on the shoulder and offered her a tissue. It had 'Keep calm and carry on' printed on it. Who knows what she was going through but going by her expression I think it helped in some small way, at least for a brief moment.

Something Fishy

Hope you are ok Floyd.

It is nice to hear there are good folk out there, really kind of them to look after you.

Dandontdare

wasn't sure where to post this, but it made me smile so...

I just found out by odd accident that I've seen Alice (Borg Queen) Krige on stage not once but twice.

Once in King Lear with Michael Gambon and Jenny Agutter (who I'd forgotten was in it), and a young Pete Postlethwaite (who wasn't yet famous); the other time in the Tempest with Derek Jacobi and Alun Armstrong.

School theatre trips were bloody marvelous looking back! I've also seen Julie Walters' norks, Derek Griffiths off Playaway doing Gogol, and Jim Broadbent in the hilarious National Theatre of Brent (twice).

Roger Godpleton

Alice Kriege will always be the Madam who gets Dillahunted in Deadwood to me.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Spaceghost

Someone gave me a free copy of The Road in the train station last night as part of World Book Night.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SmallBlueThing

Because today i picked up, for fifty pee each from a market:

Valiant (15 nov 1969) with captain hurricane, kelly's eye, sexton blake, steel claw, house of dolmann, mytek the mighty and the shrinker from space.

Valiant and TV21 (2 oct 1971) with cap'n hurricane, janus stark, star trek- not gold key reprints, in colour, the return of the claw and kelly's eye.

Champion (28 may 1966) in which 'return of the stormtroopers' looks very eric bradbury-esque, battler britton has a couple of pages and there are a bunch of scifi adventure two-pagers in the back, including the finale of 'when the sky turned green' featuring the lovecraftian mermods.

Cor!! (29 aug 1970) sadly without Rat Trap but at least a brilliant Kid Chameleon colour centerspread.

And, most excitingly:

The Skipper (no. 22, jan 31st 1931. Yes, 1931) which is a pre-comic strip boys' weekly 'paper', which features stories and features from the pre-war world, including 'queeriosities' and 'around the queer houses of the world'.

SBT

staticgirl