Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Well that is a damn fine list, better than I could have hoped for, to be honest. I'd suggested the likes of Lobster Random, The Order, Indigo Prime, but in my heart thought they'd be passed over for the likes of more Dredd. Plus I'm getting my two HCs of Defoe!

Only slight dissapointment is the lack of continuing volumes - Kingdom, for instance, and ABC Warriors. But even there, we do at least get thd final S/D volume.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 May, 2020, 10:43:14 AMCould be a really good excuse to reprint Medivac

Very unlikely. ISTR when Hilary Robinson parted company with the House of Tharg, she got the rights to all her stories back*.

*For values of "back" that encompass "you can't really give back what you never legally owned in the first place", depending on exactly whose version of events you prefer.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Monarch

Colin YNWA

What you can't see is me running around work (i.e. today our bedroom) punching the air screaming

YESYESYESYESYEYEYEYSYEYYES

Cos we're getting a Red Seas set to sit alongside the Nikolai Dante set in hardcover. I'm sooooo chuffed!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 27 May, 2020, 11:00:58 AMOnly slight dissapointment is the lack of continuing volumes - Kingdom, for instance, and ABC Warriors. But even there, we do at least get thd final S/D volume.
Kingdom: yeah. ABC Warriors... I dunno. I've had enough of that, frankly. Happy to let that slide. Plus they're all in HC elsewhere anyway, albeit in a different size format.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 May, 2020, 11:03:55 AMVery unlikely. ISTR when Hilary Robinson parted company with the House of Tharg, she got the rights to all her stories back.
Ah, good point—I'd forgot about that. Mind you, perhaps she's permit reprint now, given that 2000 AD is a very different entity to then, assuming she has no plans for the strip itself. (She wouldn't have to relinquish rights; would be easy enough to do a single-use thing.)

Bolt-01

Two things from me on this - one I just ordered the Durham Red book! Woo and indeed Hoo! Not read these stories in a long time.

Secondly - in Repomen - I wonder if this edition will include the last Carlos story as well?

moly

Really happy with the extension especially red seas

moly

Just noticed issue 111 strontium dog, I thought it was extended to 110 so has it been extended further

Colin YNWA

The other big question is what the content of the Flesh volume will be. Very happy with the current edition I own but depending on what else is included - assuming of course Books 1 and 2 are in it might make this a purchase.

Tempted by Brink as well but since that's ongoing shame it won't be a complete - no ones fault but stops that one being an instant buy.

abelardsnazz

Wow, a great selection of stuff for the extension. 111 volumes though? Will there be more?

Really pleased they're giving John Smith a chunk of it, not before time - Leatherjack would fit nicely with Firekind, although personally, as I already have a trade of Leatherjack, I'd love to see Revere paired up with it.

Has Tyranny Rex ever been collected in trade before?

sintec

Wow that's a cracking list. 

Sad we're not getting the end of Kingdom or Stickleback - guess I'll have to get the standard trades to round those out.  No more Sinister Dexter which feels like a shame, especially as that's unavailable elsewhere (although I note there's been a chunk reprinted in the Meg over the years so maybe I'll grab those from the digital sale when it gets to the relevant years). And only 1 more Dredd is a surprise, I guess they didn't want to canibalise the normal trade sales too much but it would have been nice to have Guatemala and Machine Law in a HC edition.

Really happy to see 2 volumes of Brink. I'm hoping they can do 2 arcs per book so we can get everything to date.  I think those should fit according to Barney it'd be:
Vol1: Brink (75) + Skeleton Life (90) = 165
Vol2: High Society (100) + Hate Box (101) = 201

I'm excited to read Red Seas, Firekind and Indigo Prime - it seems these are really highly regarded by many on here so I have high expectations.

And called it on the early stuff with Flesh, VCs and Fiends all making the cut.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 May, 2020, 12:29:06 PM
The other big question is what the content of the Flesh volume will be. Very happy with the current edition I own but depending on what else is included - assuming of course Books 1 and 2 are in it might make this a purchase.

Based on strip page counts Books 1 and 2 would be my expectation. Book 1 is 87 pages and book 2 is 78 giving us 165 pages of strip which will fit nicely.

Tomwe

Well done that man for keeping on asking! An excellent bit of news. Sad there's no War Machine though.

Max Headroom

I think it will only be the four volumes of 'The Red Seas' for me out of this extension as it will be the complete story. I would have picked up 'Defoe' and 'The Order' but they will not be covering everything that's out there. Similarly, a little disappointed 'Stickleback' did not make it.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 27 May, 2020, 12:39:10 PMHas Tyranny Rex ever been collected in trade before?
Not that I'm aware of. It got some reprint in magazines though, and a pseudo trade from Fleetway Quality (with a truly risible, sexist cover).

Quote from: Tomwe on 27 May, 2020, 01:38:01 PMWell done that man for keeping on asking! An excellent bit of news. Sad there's no War Machine though.
I'm more surprised than sad. Perhaps the repro is a nightmare, or Tharg's already happy with the existing War Machine trades in the wild. I dunno.

leethomson

Very happy with that. There's stuff I would have liked to see make it (more Kingdom, Summer Magic) but hard to know what I'd omit in their favour (especially as I'm not familiar with all of these titles)

Nice to see Savage move beyond the current trades as well.