Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale - What you get? Whats on the flash sale? Recommendations

Started by bluemeanie, 11 July, 2013, 08:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Know there is a freebies and bargains thread but hope the mods wont mind this one for the duration of the Steam Sale

Anyway, been live 2hrs. Bit of a bugger to use at the moment due to traffic

Already caved and bought the Counter Strike Complete pack for £4.24. Used to play the original Counter Strike to death, strangely while never actually getting any better at it, so figured I'd get my moneys worth seeing as its 75% off for the next 6hrs or so.

Left4Dead2 also 75% off... already got that though.

Tempted with Hotline Miami as heard good things and its only £1.74

The Enigmatic Dr X

I will resist...

(Still have three or four games to play from the last sale, including Warhammer 40K and Alan Wake which were £1.99 each)

...but I am keeping my eye out for some titles, including Bioshock Infinite (bought it a minute ago!), the Dishonoured DLC, and Far Cry 3 if it is cheap enough and comes with the Dragon Warrior DLC too.

Other than that, I may stock up on RPGs if any oldies but goldies fall below £3. I'd go for Dragon Age, but for £6 I have to ask if I'd play it again.
Lock up your spoons!

bluemeanie

You mean Blood Dragon? Pretty sure thats standalone.
I'll be keeping an eye on that one too as I loved Far Cry 3.

Dishonoured is in the vote for the next Flash Sale and if it is will be a fiver. LOVED this. Much preferred it to Bioshock Infinite actually. Single player only but reminded me of playing the first Deus Ex where you really felt you had loads of options in how you wanted to tackle given problems.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Rog69

Now I have a new PC that can actually run it, my main target was Bioshock Infinite but I just got a better deal than the Steam sale (see my post in the bargains thread).

I too am after the Dishonoured DLC, currently 40% off but it will get a better discount when the main game hits the daily deals. I also want Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider and Surgery Simulator.

I just noticed that Galaxy on Fire 2 is down to £3.24 too, I'll probably pick that up before the sale is done.

A useful link to see the discounted games by catagory -

http://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly=all&cc=uk

bluemeanie

bluemeanie

Two more today, good job I set myself a budget!   :lol:

Hotline Miami. Got strongly recommended to buy this so as it was £1.74 I did. Cool stuff. Looks like a really violent Grand Theft Auto 1 but while it's all about killing people it's kind of a puzzle game. Working out the best way to make it through levels etc. Enjoying it.

Second one.... the game I was most hoping to see reduced. X-Com Enemy Unknown. Down 75% to £7.49
Played the original to death on my old Playstation. This is a very cool update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZ4xUdAUvU

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

Just bought Hotline Miami,

WTF was that on Level 1, did that man shag that man's head to death?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Goaty on 12 July, 2013, 09:02:29 PM

Just bought Hotline Miami,

WTF was that on Level 1, did that man shag that man's head to death?

Dunno. But I'm now tempted to find out!
Lock up your spoons!

CheechFU

I bought
hotline miami
bad company 2
kerbal space program
surgeon simulator
scriblenauts
fallout nv ultimate
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for the awesome
dear esther
ftl

bluemeanie

Was just about to buy Trackmania 2 (as I love the original free one) then remembered I did a review of it a few years back for Richmond's website.

Checked the email I was sent to get the review copy.... had a code.... typed it into steam.... game validated!

My only other buy so far has been X-Com. VERY tempted with the entire Tomb Raider collection for £11 but not convinced I'll play through all the old ones again. Also thinking about FallOut3 but played it at a mates for an hour or so and couldnt quite get into it.

Oh, and Mass Effect 2 is £6. Cant recommend enough if you havent played. You dont have to have played the first but as that's only £3 itself its a great game too.

Cactus

Quote from: bluemeanie on 15 July, 2013, 02:26:28 PMAlso thinking about FallOut3 but played it at a mates for an hour or so and couldnt quite get into it.

I suggest you try Fallout New Vegas, currently on sale for £3.74 including all the add-on gubbins. I think it's a bit more accessible than 3, and does the same stuff but better.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

shaolin_monkey

shaolin_monkey

Strike Suit Zero - £3.74!!!   Blimey, at this rate I can see myself spending a whole tenner on Steam tonight!!