Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefy2shoes

Chris Weston Rocketeer sketch from LSCC in Feb

Fatboydale

Lovely Hellblazer pages there Ken .....not as nice as those 2 other pages thou  :-*

Nice art by Chris ... his sketches are really not sketches ... more like complete finished art ...   

Sideshow Bob

Really nice Rocketeer sketch there...Chiefy.

I've posted a link in the eBay Watch thread yesterday as someone ( not me ) has 2000AD sketches ( I think ) for sale on eBay...

Links are included in the post and there are no bids on any yet......
Sketches for Sale are
Torquemada by Chris Weston
Zenith by Steve Yeowell
Nemesis by Henry Flint
and A Judge Dredd by Dean Ormston....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

chiefy2shoes

Cheers guys. That Rocketeer one is not sketchy at all. He did it with no reference as chatted to me at the same time. Hero.
Here's a few more from LSCC. Stay Puft by Nick Roche with added colours by John-Paul Bove (He digitally coloured it at the show and printed it out), a Rocket Raccoon & Groot by JK Woodward and a Usagi Yojimbo by Rebekah Issacs.

Link Prime

My 2nd Makabre (well, I actually bought this one first).
I love Alcatena's work on this strip.

Link Prime

Some more Lew Stinger...'The Vampire Brats' from Buster.

I'm a man-child alright???

Simon Beigh

Adi Granov concept art for the Iron Man 2 movie. Pencil sketch on A3. Am in big trouble if the Missus finds out... :)

(Sorry if the picture is a bit poor quality...)

Skullmo

Some great stuff here that I have just seen.

The Iron Man sketch is lovely.

And those Vampire Brats - brilliant!

I just got this from Wake - Skreemer is a great story! Art by Brett Ewins and Steve Dillon.

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Ah! I should have known who'd had this!  :lol: Lovely stuff indeed!

Colin YNWA

Uh Skullmo that's a nice page. I just picked up this page from the post office from Wake as well.

So happy with it.

Simon Beigh

I've not come across Skreemer, and a number of people are recommending it to me. If this artwork is anything to go, I should dive right in!

Got this from Dale this week. I read Battle Action Force when I was a kid, and the moment I saw this I remembered it from the comic. I'm usually rubbish at remembering comic book scenes (so I get lots of value from re-reading them  :)), but this one clearly stuck out. Had to have it... Top quality John Cooper.

Colin YNWA

Uh sorry about that my image has broken. I'll try again on that Skreemer page.

Spikes

Great stuff, Colin. As ive said, ive never come across Skreemer before. But since these pages have started popping up its deffo piqued my interest - and since buying some pages by Brett from Wake recently i cant get enough of his work at the moment.
Its great how the art just screams out both Ewins and Dillon's styles, isnt it. Slightly disorientating - but in a good way!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 June, 2013, 11:59:15 AM
Its great how the art just screams out both Ewins and Dillon's styles, isnt it. Slightly disorientating - but in a good way!

Yeah all the more so as back in the original issues it just says art by rather than noting (as I believe is the case) that Brett pencilled and Steve inked. I always used to puzzle over the process as some panel seem so clearly by Steve Dillon and other so definitively Brett Ewins. Over all though it simply looks a triumph.

maryanddavid

The Ewins pages are class lads, lucky to get them.
Well worth a read for those who havent, one of my favourite non 2000ad stories(even though it was originall intended  to be pitched to 2000ad). Enigma and Egypt, more of Milligans miniseries that are worth a read.

The art is very strange, as Colin has said its hard to identify some of the panels, they are such a blend of the two artists.