Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_Lee

That's really nice David. I never realised TTA was a thing, I just thought it was some space books I owned as a kid.

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 30 January, 2014, 01:18:31 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 January, 2014, 09:55:34 PMYeah, I'd go with that list, though id have to add Pirates Of The Asteroids and especially  Spaceship Graveyard, and Derelict 2 - as they both featured in the classic Space Wrecks TTA book.

Those last two are indeed amazing; Derelict 2 was featured as a fold-out in Spacewreck, unless I'm imagining that... The sheer level of detail in Spaceship Graveyard is unbelievable.  Man, these really bring back some memories, don't they?

You imagine correctly Sir!

I managed to snag all four TTA books about 8 years ago, for about £15/20 a book.

Maybe more expensive now?, but they do pop up on eBay every now and again.

But brilliant books, and ill always heartily recommend them to anyone.

Colin YNWA

I've just purchased a piece that I'm VERY excited about. If it turns out as good as I suspect it might I'll have a new favourite piece. Anyway it'll probably take a while to get here so in anticipation and to try to quell my excitement I'll do that teaser snippet bit... thing is I don't normally think my pages 'deserve' this treatment and while this may misleadingly make you think this page is more 'important' than it is, its still bloody incredible.

Anyway waffle, waffle, waffle... I'll be impressed if anyone guess this but, you never know here.

hippynumber1

James McKay, Flesh?

Oh bugger, of course it isn't! I thought I was in a different thread!  :lol:

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 February, 2014, 04:33:18 PM
James McKay, Flesh?

Oh bugger, of course it isn't! I thought I was in a different thread!  :lol:

Though I have thought about trying to contact him. He's on the list... just its quite a long list.

hippynumber1

Andy_Lee

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AndyLee on 13 February, 2014, 04:46:19 PM
Blueberry?

That's what I meant about someone thinking it was more 'important' than it is. While I do (potentially) adore this piece and it has a real Blueberry vibe to it (one of the reasons I like it so much), alas no, neither a Colin Wilson nor  Jean Giraud (could you imagine owning one of those - I'm never leave it) Blueberry. Pages on my 'red' list, the stuff of fantasy alongside such things as an Asterix page, a Kirby double page spread and a page featuring Old One Eye from the original Flesh.

hippynumber1

It looks ridiculously familiar! I know I should recognise this! Give us a clue...

Colin YNWA

He's a dream artist... or at least he would be if they got on with it.

(Either a dead give away, or no hope I'm not sure which)

ming

Andy_Lee

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 February, 2014, 05:05:59 PM
It looks ridiculously familiar! I know I should recognise this! Give us a clue...

Same here, I played the Blueberry card and lost. If looks a bit Steve McNiven but I'm most likely wrong again.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 13 February, 2014, 05:41:54 PM
Jonah Hex?

Yeah anyone who has the misfortune of stumbling across my post on any sort of regular basis knows what a massive Jonah Hex fan I am. So you got the comic... doesn't necessarily help too much with the artist.

Its not Steve McNiven I'm afraid.

Colin YNWA

Well speaking of Asterix art (well I was a wee while ago) anyone got a few thousand Euros going spare.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/13/french-original-comic-art-set-to-rock-the-marketplace-at-christies-in-paris/

There aren't many pages of Asterix I'd want more than the cover to Soothsayer, maybe the cover of Secret Agent?

Fatboydale