Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Stephen Baskerville has some lovely artwork for sale on Ebay lately.
I couldn't resist two recent Transformers pieces.

First up- Megatron (ink wash)

Link Prime

2nd piece, and one that will go down well with 'Regeneration One' fans- Shockwave (plugged into The Ark!)

Amazing detail on this...

blackmocco

This bad boy's on its way:

If ever there was an artist I'd love to see tackle 2000AD, it would be Risso. Beautiful storytelling, a master draughtsman. 100 Bullets is one of my favorite series, hands down. Love the way he draws the inside of a bar and I was a man on a budget so very happy to see this come my way...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 13 September, 2014, 07:54:06 PM
If ever there was an artist I'd love to see tackle 2000AD, it would be Risso.

Should be inevitable really, shouldn't it?

Crispynev

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Crispynev on 15 September, 2014, 11:28:19 PM
Saying bye-bye to the first appearance of Cheeky (Krazy Comic No.1).
I used to read Krazy. Still have them. Was a cut above the other funnies at the time. It was in Krazy Comic (or actually was it Whizzer & Chips?) that I saw an advert for some new comic called 2000AD. Seems that advert worked.

They stretched the point though with Cheeky Weekly.

Jeez I feel old. 

Greg M.

It's not comics, but I figured some of you might like to see this original piece by Dave Carson, best known for his Lovecraft art. I first encountered his stuff in the Fighting Fantasy gamebook 'Beneath Nightmare Castle' in the 80s. I believe this piece is a depiction of the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young, Shub-Niggurath, though I'm not sure where it was first published. The level of detail is just phenomenal.

hippynumber1

A nice little curio I picked up here: Jim Baikie's pencil prelims (on tracing paper), A3 in size, of 'The New Statesmen' pt 3 from Crisis.

Colin YNWA

Oh you lucky lucky man - you must know of my New Statesman lust!

chiefy2shoes

I picked up these original pages at T-Bub. I'm not a Deadpool fan at all but like Laurence Campbell and liked the composition of this page. Also I got a page of G.I Joe by Gallant & Erskine set at SDCC.

Skullmo

Ah Mr Non 2000ad Art Thread - why you so quiet these days?

I picked up these Turtle based beauties last week!

It's a joke. I was joking.

Proteus4

Wow! I love the early turtles stuff. Where'd you get these?
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Link Prime

Art Droid Paul Davidson has a ton of pages on Ebay at the moment.
Just picked up this kraken piece featuring Magneto & Polaris for £25!  :o

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 13 October, 2014, 11:27:16 AM
It's not comics, but I figured some of you might like to see this original piece by Dave Carson, best known for his Lovecraft art. I first encountered his stuff in the Fighting Fantasy gamebook 'Beneath Nightmare Castle' in the 80s. I believe this piece is a depiction of the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young, Shub-Niggurath, though I'm not sure where it was first published. The level of detail is just phenomenal.

I'm sure I've seen that image before.  At a guess I'd say it was in one of the older editions of the Call of Cthulhu RPG (or conceivably White Dwarf, before it became a house mag).