Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mute77

Not sure if i did this correctly..a piece from image comics "Zero" series. My favourite scene drawn by Michael Gaydos.

Mute77

Gettin the hang of this now! Another piece from a favourite series "Moon Knight" art by Declan Shalvey.

Tiplodocus

I don't have my hands on it yet but the legend that is Ian Kennedy has just sent me a pic of the commission (my first one) I had asked him to do and it is absolutely gorgeous and miles better than I had imagined it would be. Will post a piccy once I have the real thing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Link Prime

Quote from: Mute77 on 10 September, 2016, 01:49:29 PM

Gettin the hang of this now! Another piece from a favourite series "Moon Knight" art by Declan Shalvey.

The Ellis / Shalvey short lived run was exceptional.
Great piece.

Mute77

Yeah it was short but sweet. Am also tempted by a Shalvey piece from their run on "injection".

chiefy2shoes

Some recent additions.

GI Joe

Deadpool Noir

Iron Fist

Deathlok

chiefy2shoes

I got made redundant at the end of last year and so had to make cut backs in terms of getting bigger commissions. With that in mind, over the last 6 months I opted for a new policy of getting sketch card sized pieces with a 'mug shot' theme. 9 different characters form 9 different artists. Here's what I've got so far.

Naturally I'll be doing a 2000 ad themed one. I need 9 iconic villains.Any recommendations?

Colin YNWA

Sorry to hear about the employment situation Chiefy, but by heck those mug shot commissions are supreme. Glad you've found a way to sustain your glorious sketch collectin'

Skullmo

Yeah sorry to hear that Chief! Great commissions though, thanks for sharing.

I reckon - Death, fear, fire, mortis, pj, pa, fink, mean, link and junior.
It's a joke. I was joking.

WhizzBang

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 02 October, 2016, 09:06:05 PM
Naturally I'll be doing a 2000 ad themed one. I need 9 iconic villains.Any recommendations?
Torquemada
Judge Death
Slough Feg
Rico Dredd
The Traitor General
Artie Gruber
The Mekon
Mean Machine

...and I am stuck for a ninth one, without naming another Dredd adversery.

sheridan

Judge Death (with the other DJs)
Torquemada
Traitor General
Slough Feg and/or Medb
Iok Sotot and/or Masterman
Satanus
Owen Krysler / the Mutant
Van Owen
a Thrill Sucker and/or a Dictator of Zrag

Colin YNWA

So this might seem a strange one, but my latest purchased has arrived...

See the reason I picked this one up, well it cost next to nowt and as I've said on Comic Art Fans

"Love Arthur Ranson, love Danger Mouse and I'd been looking at a number of pages of the two combined for ages and nothing had quite got me to make the jump. Then I saw this one. Love the fact that unlike so many other examples I'd seen it screamed Arthur Ranson to me, something about the colours, the snowy landscape, the cloudy sky. Not sure what, but it looked like his work. And I fell in love with the mammoth, something so Danger Mouse about it. Large and still, you can almost hear the regional accent it will talk in. Love it. And as ever in real life its breath-taking. Especially when you consider how little I paid for it. Brilliant page."

So yeah no Baron Greenback, no Frogshead Flyer, heck no Danger Car but all that extra Ranson and it had to me mine.So happy with it. Oh and its massive!

Rogue Judge

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 02 October, 2016, 08:57:56 PM
Some recent additions.

GI Joe

These are great, I would love to know where you are able to track down GI Joe art! GI Joe and 2000AD are the only two comic properties I am passionate about these days.

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 11 November, 2016, 10:44:16 PM
These are great, I would love to know where you are able to track down GI Joe art! GI Joe and 2000AD are the only two comic properties I am passionate about these days.

I bought a few pages direct from inker Gary Erskine. He brought some pages to a comic con (can't remember which). Otherwise, current inker Brian Shearer quite often lists pages on ebay.

chiefy2shoes

More see Thought Bubble goodies (see commission thread for a few more)