Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 May, 2020, 09:36:19 PM

Aggressive ferret-man
takes over England

That is a gross insult to mustelids everywhere, especially when he more closely resembles a naked mole-rat.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

moly

Bloody hell Leo vardaker is at it now, obviously one rule for them and another for the rest of us

TordelBack

Don't make me defend Varadkar again, please, I hate doing it,  but he really was doing precisely what the Phase 1 relaxation measures allow - to the letter. Long lenses and curtain-twitching, it's no good for anyone.

JayzusB.Christ

I was just listening to the reaction to Cummings this morning, by some poor guy who couldn't see his mother before she died. Due to the rules, of course, that our Dominic knew full well he could break with impunity.  Now I'm hearing sympathy for the latter from members of the public on Sky News.

Reminds me of Private Eye from Marshal Law, smugly musing on how he has pissed on everybody and told them it was raining. 

EDIT - I see the Covid 19 thread has used the exact same phrase.  If ever there was evidence of 'one law for them..', this is it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

M.I.K.

Genuine expression, (I checked)...

JayzusB.Christ

Perfect!

I like the look of that book too; think it'll be my next Kindle app purchase
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Cummings now apparently been caught out amending his blog, on the day after he returned from his "Test Drive", to make mention of Coronavirus / SARs "fears."

But, that'll be the fault of the Press as well.

CalHab

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 May, 2020, 10:05:05 PM
Perfect!

I like the look of that book too; think it'll be my next Kindle app purchase

I used to have a copy of Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable and it was a fantastic read. Might need to hunt down a new edition.

JayzusB.Christ

Trump's latest hissy-fit row is against Twitter.   :o

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 May, 2020, 08:34:50 AM

Perhaps now Twitter will finally ban him.  ::)

It will have only taken several years of him repeatedly breaking their own rules of conduct.

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 May, 2020, 09:09:17 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 May, 2020, 08:34:50 AM

Perhaps now Twitter will finally ban him.  ::)

It will have only taken several years of him repeatedly breaking their own rules of conduct.

I wouldn't like to be in Twitter's shoes - the most powerful person in the world, a megalomaniac and now having a bone to pick with you (and only too willing to use Executive Privilege to abuse that power).

JayzusB.Christ

His grubby little child's mind must be spinning furiously right now - he's having to use Twitter to attack Twitter.

Rately

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 May, 2020, 12:39:34 PM
His grubby little child's mind must be spinning furiously right now - he's having to use Twitter to attack Twitter.

What a thought. Imagine the thought process and the sheer insecurities that drive the little turd bucket.

He is pushing the Shadow ban conspiracy, and I'd love it to be true, because then I wouldn't have to read his shite, and that of the rest of the right-wing grifters that seem to live on Twitter.

TordelBack

You have to wonder about Americans.  They forced Nixon out,  impeached Clinton, killed Lincoln, Garfield,  McKinley and Kennedy,  even took a pop at Roosevelt and Reagan, but this barely ambulatory effluvia stumbles on, unmolested.