Main Menu

Any news on Paypal as a payment method?

Started by Malek_Deneith, 23 January, 2017, 07:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malek_Deneith

About this last year I made a plea for adding Paypal as payment option, since my ability to pay online via card was ending. 2000ADWebDroid was kind enough to let me know that the demand for this payment method is known but nothing else can be confirmed at that time. Since then my ability to do so indeed ended, and my support for 2000AD amounted to the fact that I was able to scrounge for a year of sub to Prog and Meg while I still could buy them.

A year of sub that is due to run out this April.

So here I am, once again, asking - were there any news on this front? Anything? Any hope? Or am I drokk out of luck once my subs run out.

Still having my fingers crossed,
Malek Deneith

2000ADWebDroid

We haven't ruled out adding Paypal as a payment option, but if we do, it's not likely to be for a while.

BTW the new 2000 AD web shop uses a different payment processor (Stripe instead of Sage Pay) that is compatible with a much larger range of payment card - is there no payment card that you can use? Alternatively, it's possible to send in a cheque payment for annual and two-year subscriptions (not monthly) - if you wish to pursue that option, please email subshelp@2000adonline.com. stating your desired subscription type, email address and delivery country and we can let you know how to pay.

Malek_Deneith

Thanks for the prompt reply (forgot to check the forums for most of the week, hence my slow reaction). Sadly no, there I've no payment card that I could use here - the bank account I'm using is the most basic one possible and the debit card that comes with it is flat out barred from internet transactions (that's the rice I pay for having almost no account fees to bother with I guess).

And while the check thing is certainly interesting right now I'm more in the market for "buy single issues when money permits" rather than picking up a sub, so that's a no-go either. But I'll keep it in mind if I have more spare money in the future.

For now I guess I'll just make do with the reading backlog I have and check ever so often to see if something changes on the Paypal front.

Once again thanks for the info.