Main Menu

Prog 2137 : Mind how you go...

Started by Darren Stephens, 22 June, 2019, 08:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Cheers, Frank.  I remember thinking Dan Abnett was John Wagner for a short while - pre SinDex obviously but I can't remember what he wrote. I also thought Kek-W was Mark Millar.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

Dan Abnett does have one of those maybe-made-up names...

And I did think Jamie Delano was the then-ubiquitous Alan Moore. Pretty sure I read that somewhere, and just went along with it. Whatever happened to Delano anyway...?

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 June, 2019, 10:55:18 PM
I also thought Kek-W was Mark Millar.

Me too, for obvious reasons. I thought it was maybe a situation like Strontium Dogs, where the editor was rewriting the original scripts and Millar had asked to have his name removed.

Obviously, the Kek-W who shows up at signings is just an actor Millar pays to maintain the illusion, like Michael Caine in Without A Clue or Remington Steele.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fungus on 25 June, 2019, 11:08:55 PM
Whatever happened to Delano anyway...?

Writes the occasional novel, probably banks some healthy DC/Warner royalty cheques since Moore got DC to split his share of Constantine royalties 50/50 between himself and Delano.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trout

I loved every story in this comic. Thank you to everyone involved in making it.

broodblik

A good prog again this week.

A very good Dredd, good script (no comments on who is who and nobody cares), good art.

Scarlet Traces is something than needs to be re-read when it is complete. Very enjoyable.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

I, Cosh

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 24 June, 2019, 01:40:26 PMMy point was to purposefully misunderstand him (or maybe Cosh is a her - Jesus I won't be making that mistake again) and pretend he was actually claiming that George Eliot actually is Neimand and wrote this week's Dredd. You know, as a joke.
I thought it was funny. I just didn't come back into the thread until I'd actually read the Prog. Which was decent.

Now that Margaret Atwood writes comics, I'd quite like to see her take on Dredd. Or Jeanette Winterson's ABC Warriors.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: I, Cosh on 26 June, 2019, 10:29:25 AM
Now that Margaret Atwood writes comics, I'd quite like to see her take on Dredd. Or Jeanette Winterson's ABC Warriors.

Did I beat everyone else to the Joe Pineapples Are Not The Only Fruit gag? Boom.

MumboJimbo

Quote from: Frank on 26 June, 2019, 11:05:19 AM
Did I beat everyone else to the Joe Pineapples Are Not The Only Fruit gag? Boom.

Now that is good  :D

CalHab

Quote from: Frank on 26 June, 2019, 11:05:19 AM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 26 June, 2019, 10:29:25 AM

Alias Grice
Orlok and Crake

MacabreMagpie

Stunning artwork across the board in the prog currently.

Frank

Quote from: Geoff on 23 June, 2019, 03:16:01 PM
Dredd seems far more comfortable bandaged-up in a hospital bed lately, rather than sitting on a lawmaster wielding a daystick.

Like all 80 year-olds, Dredd spends most of his time asleep or recovering from a bad fall:

Judge Olde

Quote from: Frank on 26 June, 2019, 04:51:44 PM
Dredd seems far more comfortable bandaged-up in a hospital bed lately, rather than sitting on a lawmaster wielding a daystick.

Like all 80 year-olds, Dredd spends most of his time asleep or recovering from a bad fall:

What prog was 'Fit' in please?

Frank

Quote from: Judge Olde on 26 June, 2019, 07:39:56 PM
What prog was 'Fit' in please?

1873. It was an epilogue to the Titan storyline.

Geoff

Quote from: Frank on 26 June, 2019, 04:51:44 PM

Perhaps the phrase on the cover is less about Anderson and actually advice directed at Dredd...