Main Menu

Recommend me some PC Games??

Started by bluemeanie, 14 May, 2009, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Got a new pc this week. First new one in YEAAAARS.
So as a result all the cool pc games I havent been able to play in ages are now available to me, many as reduced prices due to being a year or more old.

So can anyone recommend me some good ones? Ideally (and yeah, this is shallow) cool looking ones as I am currently in love with my new graphics cards lovliness.

Ones so far have been Wolverine Uncaged which rocks and Watchmen, which I'm kinda playing just to piss Alan Moore off   :D

and before you say, already have Dredd vs Death for the pc and Rogue Trooper on the wii

Pete Wells

The Orange Box which is basically the Half Life 2 series plus the wonderful Portal and Crysis which looks and plays beautifully (though ruins itself once the aliens arrive...)

the shutdown man

Empire: Total War is great and hugely addictive, and Dawn of War 2 is also pretty cool.

Also, Dead Space is nice and creepy.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Richmond Clements

Drokk all that!

Give your life to World of Warcraft!

bluemeanie

Creepy?
Hmmm.... think my pc might be a little too good for creepy. As I said on another thread I was bad enough playing AvP when it first came out and while it was good it wasnt TOO realistic. Not sure I want photorealistic horror. That said, might give it a look.

And is Half Life 2 good? I heard it wasnt as cool as the first which I loved. And yeah, heard all kinds of good things about how beautiful Crysis looks.

Just need stuff to kill time till Arkham Asylum comes out really  ;)

And no go on World of Warcraft. I have a graphic novel thing to try and write and a wife who would kick my head in if I became an 8hr a night gamer. Heard that stuff is too addictive. Loved the South Park ep though

Richmond Clements

QuoteAnd no go on World of Warcraft. I have a graphic novel thing to try and write and a wife who would kick my head in if I became an 8hr a night gamer. Heard that stuff is too addictive.

Hey, I'm right with you on the writing thing! It's horrible addictive, but I limit myself to a couple of nights a week at it, and in the middle of writing something I don't go near it at all... hardly.

I'm also waiting for Arkham on the 360... and Guitar Hero Metallica.

Minkyboy

Crysis is indeed supposed to be the best looking game of recent times. Too good for my machine to play!

I would buy Stalker: Clear Sky if I were you. Despite the minor glitches (enemy grenades always land on your shoes!) I have enjoyed it more than most games I've played for ages. The day/night cycle and radiation zone you explore look and feel amazing.

If you want to play against/with other people then Left4Dead is some awesome zombie action.

And Half Life 2 has great storytelling as well as shooting/driving.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Mardroid

I've often wanted a go on World of Warcraft. It's the kind of game I like. The extra cost of online gaming turns me off though (I just can't afford it.) Sure I could play the trial, but I feel a bit dishonest doing that with no intention of taking it further. Not that I'm not willing to purchase, a game, I just like to think once I've bought it that's it ALL paid for.

(That being said I probably would fork out once I get a job and have some disposable income. The way things are going I doubt that will be any time soon.)

I saw the Age of Conan  going incredibly cheaply at sendit.com for £2.89. (Ok, that was just yesterday. It's gone up to £7.89 now, which is still very cheap. It's cheaper at play though.) It turns out to be another online game, so I assume there is more to pay online. (I found the official site, and couldn't find much information on the monthly fee. No doubt it's around somewhere though.)

TheEdge

STAY AWAY FROM CONAN its awfull

If you want a wow alternate go with WARCRAFT WAR.

Orange Box great selection.

my advice dload STEAM buy some old games off it.

BIOSHOCK
LEFT 4 DEAD
MASS EFFECT
FALLOUT 3
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Minkyboy

Ooh yeah, another vote for BIOSHOCK, it is brilliant, brilliant and lovely!

And steam is a great platform.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Bouwel

Bioshock is a must; Steam had a special internet only offer for no less than £3 several months back. It's worth checking Steam out on a regular basis as they have some cracking offers.

I'd say The Orange Box is also a must and Left 4 Dead is fun although a little short-lived unless you play online. Fallout 3 looked spangly, but I couldn't get it to work on my system. Oh well.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

bluemeanie

Yeah, crap.. BIOSHOCK!!

Bought it 2nd hand ages ago. Played it on lowest settings and it still chugged. Will be cool to go back and see it in all its glory!
Cheers guys

radiator

Pete Wells

QuoteAnd is Half Life 2 good? I heard it wasnt as cool as the first which I loved.

Half life 2 is so, so wonderfully good. The graphics on the original HL2 may be showng their age a little bit now but by the time you get to HL2, Episode 2 (I know, it's confusing) they're almost as good as anything around. The story telling is amazing though, as is the physics gun. I reckon you'd pick it up really cheap now too.

bluemeanie

Trying Bioshock but having loads of trouble as apparently the sound isnt compatable with Vista

Getting a patch now that'll hopefully sort it so fingers crossed