Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Cheers muchly, TooN.

Welcome to the board BTW.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

SIP

My 38 year quest for a complete standard loose set* of vintage Star Wars figures draws perilously close to an end. Just a last 17 Ewok left to acquire (warok).

Man, those "last 17" figures have really shot up in price in the last couple of years.....I passed on a few of them a few years back as they were way too expensive. Wish I hadn't now as they were relatively cheap compared to what they cost now! Have recently got rid of all my modern 3.75 inch figures to fund these and my growing 1/6 (bad) habit.

* not including the two expensive variants : vinyl cape jawa and blue snaggletooth!

Spikes

Very nice indeed  :thumbsup:

Yep, some of the figures are super silly in terms of prices. As you say, those last 17 especially.

Once you have the set, will you turning your attention to the vinyl cape Jawa, and Blue Snaggletooth?
(And don't forget the Dianoga...)

SIP

Yeah, the dianoga, a better dewback and an imperial probe droid. Can't bring myself to stump up £200 on a blue snaggletooth when I can pick up a hot toy for the same money. Never say never though.

......oh yeah, and my other bad Star Wars habit.......6 inch black series figure.  Trying to break this particular habit. Would like to sell them all but can't actually bring myself to do it!

Have actually got another 10 of these since I took this photo, including all the rogue one figures. Sigh, it's an illness.

Spikes

Those Black series figures are aces.
Only got the one; Sandtrooper. Had to have me a Sandtrooper. Tempted to get the regular Stormtrooper as well.

As for the original vintage line I have a few. Those relating to ANH only really. No vinyl, Blue's, or Dianoga's though..

SIP

Ha ha, sandtrooper is absolutely my favourite as well! First hot toys figure I picked up (only have a few) was the sandtrooper, I love it.

SIP

Some other dust gatherers....... 1/6 figures.

Storm shadow is just a place holder for snake eyes who will be coming along next weekend 😄

SIP

.....and the current Dredd shelf. Needs a bit of organising when Mortis arrives next week.

Dandontdare

tsk naughty naughty - is that a "heavy armoured special cop" I see there?  ;)

Fabulous collection though, although the different Boba Fett & stormtrooper variations are lost on me.

moly

Some great collections on show here

Proudhuff

I bring you... the geekiest shelves in the Hideous Boxroom of Doom!

Whatever happened to King Trout's basement of Doom??
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 December, 2016, 10:23:49 AM
tsk naughty naughty - is that a "heavy armoured special cop" I see there?  ;)

Fabulous collection though, although the different Boba Fett & stormtrooper variations are lost on me.

With the mandalorian shelf, I recognise Boba Fett in the middle and Jango Fett on the left. I thought the one on the right might be a clone trooper, but on closer inspection maybe not.

SIP

That's the original boba fett suit design (usually referred to as "prototype fett") that was made in around 1978 (i think). He was originally conceived as a sort of "super stormtrooper", hence the white suit. Later on he was re-fashioned as a bounty hunter and the familiar colours were added. There is footage and photos from the live test of this white suit though if you google it.

TordelBack

Quote from: SIP on 17 December, 2016, 10:36:35 PM
That's the original boba fett suit design (usually referred to as "prototype fett") that was made in around 1978 (i think). He was originally conceived as a sort of "super stormtrooper", hence the white suit. Later on he was re-fashioned as a bounty hunter and the familiar colours were added. There is footage and photos from the live test of this white suit though if you google it.

The white version has been re-repurposed in Rebels as the uniform of the Imperial Supercomando, as per the original concept.

Mardroid

Interesting...

Rebels. Another show I need to catch up on. (I've just seen series 1 so far.)