Main Menu

Happy New Year, Creeps

Started by Hawkmumbler, 31 December, 2015, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Well, seeing as i'll probably be asleep at midnight seeing as i'm driving down to Cornwall in the morning, have a cracking night out (or in) you lot and remember to drink irresponsibly!

Happy new year to all forumites.

Spikes

Well, i'm staying in this New Year eve, as I got a stinking cold as a late Christmas present. But I cant really complain, as 2015 was a pretty good year all round. Got a fair bit of travelling done - hopefully this coming year will see that continue, and on a 2000ad front, got to meet plenty of Droids (Mick McMahon!), as well as many forumites.  :thumbsup:

But whatever your up to, and wherever you are, wishing everyone on here a Happy New Year, and I hope 2016 turns out to be a wonderful year for you all

Best,

Iain

maryanddavid

Health and Happiness for 2016 to all on the Forum and at Rebellion.  :D

Colin YNWA

Well I've two small(ish) children and get grumpy if I stay up late, so I've spent New Years Eve reading some of my latest comics haul and then a chunk of GMozz Batman comics as my wife was too tired to play Backgammon after one game... you might think its sad but I loved it... I'll be in bed before too long so just time to write some stuff in the Comic Megathread then bed for the early wake up call... I'm so rock and roll.

Happy New Year you wonderful people you.

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

ZenArcade

Slan agat. Have a wonderful year people. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Happy New Orbit, Squaxx!

I'm a little bit tiddly - hope you are too!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ThryllSeekyr

I stayed in as well and rolled over to fall asleep at around about ten thirty last night and missed seeing in the new year.

I know last year I was wandering around town looking for any sign of cheer that would involved me spending too much money and it was then and last night that I had no money.

I'm not as pissed off as I was to find that I didn't have money on my birthday.

I certainly knew where  my money went this fortnight and was careless with it.

Spent the night on online chat rooms and downloading everything in my Drive-Thru-RPG.COM library.

Still now, since I work up this morning. I've been doing the same thing....been spending some of my funds on the earliest Dungeons & Dragons manuals, for Grey-Hawk, (Including a boxset!) Dragon-Lance, Forgotten-Realms-Al-Qadim and Dark-Sun. (Also a box-set!) as well some related source material and a lot of free stuff. Plus the deluxe rules for Tunnels & Trolls (These came from Kick-Starter) Which I really did buy earlier this fortnight. The rest were the last purchases I made before I ran out of money. Once I buy these, I can download them from your library any time I need them. That's why they're cheap, because they are only PDF's. I does take ages to do. Since before, I I used the web-site, I have only had few books on my desktop including all the ones for D20 Slaine RPG. It just serves as excellent alternative source of knowledge for my favourite 2000AD character or anything else that I have brought from that site.

The Dungeons & Dragons have interesting factoids about who wrote the book, and how that came together and anything of related to that.

TordelBack

Aye, my own computer is choked with libraries of ancient RPG PDFs, and I must say I get a lot out of reading them - even the odd game!

Unbelievably we went into town for NYE last night, the first time this century I think - my eldest was intent on going to a candlelight parade/son-et-lumiere wotsit with his friend-who's-a-girl, and seeing as he's only 9 this meant a joint family expedition. Organisation was truly shambolic, but it was good fun all the same and we were all back and safely tucked up by midnight.

Wishing all Squaxx a happy new one, in this the second year of Prog 2000.

von Boom

My missus has a terrible cold so we stayed in. Happy New Year to all Squaxx.

CrazyFoxMachine

Happy new year everyone!

Ended up at the local rock bar with m'Geoffery and some old friends - they played a hell of a lot of Motorhead and it was a great hoot.

Today there is much, much suffering.

ThryllSeekyr

A few things I hate about the local drinking establishments around town is that they they're shut by two or three o'clock in the morning now. Used to be that they would be open until first light in the mornings when I was younger. Now we don't even have a night club in town any more. It's since be abandoned by who ever owned within last year. I remembering casing the place. Not for burglary, but for doing what is expected of any other person who wants admittance on New Years Eve about a year earlier. Now, there is a notice on the door that the owners have since moved on.

This is what I mean, there is no open air gatherings for the people who want to camp out in local parks or at least any that are open as long as I think they should.

Compared to the city the place where I'm live is a bloody graveyard.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 01 January, 2016, 01:47:44 AM
I stayed in as well and rolled over to fall asleep at around about ten thirty last night and missed seeing in the new year.

I know last year I was wandering around town looking for any sign of cheer that would involved me spending too much money and it was then and last night that I had no money.

I'm not as pissed off as I was to find that I didn't have money on my birthday.

I certainly knew where  my money went this fortnight and was careless with it.

Spent the night on online chat rooms and downloading everything in my Drive-Thru-RPG.COM library.

Still now, since I work up this morning. I've been doing the same thing....been spending some of my funds on the earliest Dungeons & Dragons manuals, for Grey-Hawk, (Including a boxset!) Dragon-Lance, Forgotten-Realms-Al-Qadim and Dark-Sun. (Also a box-set!) as well some related source material and a lot of free stuff. Plus the deluxe rules for Tunnels & Trolls (These came from Kick-Starter) Which I really did buy earlier this fortnight. The rest were the last purchases I made before I ran out of money. Once I buy these, I can download them from your library any time I need them. That's why they're cheap, because they are only PDF's. I does take ages to do. Since before, I I used the web-site, I have only had few books on my desktop including all the ones for D20 Slaine RPG. It just serves as excellent alternative source of knowledge for my favourite 2000AD character or anything else that I have brought from that site.

The Dungeons & Dragons have interesting factoids about who wrote the book, and how that came together and anything of related to that.

Forgot to mention....

Mardroid

I stayed at friend's for new year's. I'm still there now actually, doing forums stuff while she cooks a breakfast lunch .

It was quiet, but nice.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you fulfil your dreams (or at least make a start on them) and leave your troubles behind.

sheridan

Quote from: Tordelback on 01 January, 2016, 08:43:05 AMAye, my own computer is choked with libraries of ancient RPG PDFs, and I must say I get a lot out of reading them - even the odd game!
The next week sees our first D&D for about a month, due to seasonal breaks.  Our DMs take it in turns to run 3.5 and 5th.

QuoteWishing all Squaxx a happy new one, in this the second year of Prog 2000.
Happy new year everybody, for those who have had bad years, hope this one's better, for those who have had good years, may it continue!