Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Meh... I still prefer my podcasts filled with ill informed claptrap, personal attacks and synopses masquerading as reviews.

J.Smith

Very good to hear. Have to admit that I don't bother with podcasts though. Prior to tuning into these, all I've listened to in full are a small number of episodes of ECBT2000AD - a few of its normal episodes (admittedly, just because they're a laugh and not for the weekly reviews - sorry, guys!), its Everything Starts... episodes but mostly its creator interviews, the latter-most of which is a big part of the reason that I've been tuning into the Thrillcast. Like Everything Starts... though, it also helps that the stories being covered aren't new ones being released and can thus be discussed in either the context of the time - very interesting - or in greater depth as to how they, for example, tie into later tales.

All to say: as long as there's more good guests, creators or otherwise, and further discussion of the stories in great depth, I'm in for as long as these continue. They've been a lot of fun so far.

IndigoPrime

I've enjoyed the 2000 AD series so far. I don't really care for podcasts in the main—they're usually far too long and full of self-indulgent tosh. The Thrill-Cast deftly avoids both of those issues.

Anzati

I'll add my voice to the 'podcasts aren't really my thing, but I'm really enjoying the Thrillcast' crowd :) It's the only podcast that I have ever subscribed to...

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

pauljholden

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 March, 2015, 04:35:44 PM
Meh... I still prefer my podcasts filled with ill informed claptrap, personal attacks and synopses masquerading as reviews.

*sigh* we'll get back to doing the Sunnyside podcast eventually.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Richmond Clements

Quote from: pauljholden on 11 March, 2015, 10:26:39 PM

Excellent!

pauljholden

Quote from: ZenArcade on 11 March, 2015, 10:37:23 PM
Is that Sunnyside Street down by Annadale PJ? Z

That's the one, it's where the show started from Ron's house on sunnsyside street - then he moved...

-pj

TordelBack

Quote from: pauljholden on 11 March, 2015, 10:26:39 PM

I started listening to Sunnyside round about the time when our youngest was born, and I'd be up all night catering to her every whim - the headphones drowned out her caterwauling and and I could take comfort that somewhere out there people were able to take time to reflect on the doings of superheroes rather than the consistency and quantity of human excrement (little bit of satire there).

She's 5 and a half now. My needs haven't changed!

Molch-R

The latest episode of the 2000 AD Thrill-Cast is now available to download via iTunes at www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast and Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad

In this edition Alan Grant joins Molch-R to talk about Judge Anderson: Shamballa, the latest story in the Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection!

Steve Green

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 March, 2015, 12:06:09 PM
Very good, great to hear Alan's background to the story.
Looking forward to that tonight - it was rather different to any Anderson stories we'd had before...

robert_ellis

Great Podcast - and a great edition of the Mega Collection. Thanks Molcher