Main Menu

Recent posts

General / Re: Mega City Book Club - a ne...
Last post by Richard S. - 26 March, 2024, 10:48:02 PM
General / Re: Things that went over your...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 26 March, 2024, 10:45:07 PM
The first time I watched The Department, over half the film had run by the time I realised Matt Damon and Leonardo diCaprio were two different people.
Megazine / Re: Meg 466: Shoot ’em up
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 26 March, 2024, 10:39:32 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 24 March, 2024, 01:02:28 PMI like Austin's portraits of Devlin - he brings out the bastard.

Now you mention it, that is an intrinsic part of Devlin's character that seems to have been lost a bit, and that I'd forgotten myself.  He truly is, as you say, a bastard - for all his airs and graces he's a violent sadist at heart.  Becoming a vampire didn't shake him all that much, as he was already the type who'd torture someone with a blowtorch to the face to get information. 
General / Re: Things that went over your...
Last post by Dandontdare - 26 March, 2024, 10:35:14 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 26 March, 2024, 03:44:23 PMSo get this - turns out Sydney Sweeney and Mia Goth are actually two different people.

Prog / Re: Prog 2375 - err Bumper Is...
Last post by Richard - 26 March, 2024, 10:32:49 PM
I thought that was a pretty decent Rogue Trooper story.
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addictio...
Last post by Hawkmumbler - 26 March, 2024, 09:24:52 PM
Quote from: pictsy on 25 March, 2024, 06:35:20 PMI always assumed other series had different characters, or different portrayals and perhaps explored different ideas and attitudes.

It's...belaboured and complicated.
Basically the Universal Century is the 'prime' timeline. MSG, Zeta, ZZ and Chars Counterattack are basically one long story spread across a decade in universe and the cast is in constant flux.
0080: War in the Pocket, Gundam F91, 0083: Stardust Memory, Victory Gundam, 08th MS Team, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Narrative and Gundam Hathaway (as well as the IGLOO series of event films) are all within the UC also but with different casts, though overlap does occur. Some of these are better than other but 08TH MS Team is genuinely fantastic and entirely self contained so maybe give that a shot if you're really interested? It's only 14 episodes long too.

Outside of that, well it gets more complicated (ESPECIALLY with Turn A Gundam and Reconguista in G, both of which take place within their own time lines but reference events of the UC...it gets weird, I'll leave it there).

Of all the alternative timeline entries I'd absolutely recommend the most recent, Witch from Mercury. It's super short at only 24 episodes across 2 seasons, super fun and charming and just...a lovely time really.

Oh and ah, one more thing.

Avoid Gundam Wing like the fucking plague.
Creative Common / Re: Judge Dredd - Who goes The...
Last post by Le Fink - 26 March, 2024, 09:09:37 PM
Nice article on the film (1982) in The Graun yesterday:

How we made The Thing
News / Re: Steve Dillon: Apex Edition
Last post by Swerty - 26 March, 2024, 08:58:17 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I have a real soft spot for his work on Rogue Trooper
Megazine / Re: Meg 466: Shoot ’em up
Last post by JudgeJudi - 26 March, 2024, 08:17:08 PM
Is there another story that gives paradox Vegas powers?

I read the one referred to her but she seems powerless there?
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
Last post by Jim_Campbell - 26 March, 2024, 06:28:34 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 March, 2024, 06:15:14 PMFinally got around to watching Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, which I'd been avoiding because it was so clearly sun-scorched compared to the rather bucolic original Knives Out.

Yep. It's great. Someone on Facebook was suggesting today that Knives Out 3 should be a Muppet movie, like Christmas Carol with Daniel Craig as the only human character... which I think is nothing short of genius. :)