Main Menu

2000AD panel at Kapow recording 2011

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 13 April, 2011, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Great news everybody Wake has put the recording online and it's here http://www.2000ad.org/audio/kapow2011.php

I've started a new thread, as the Kapow one will move on and you'll not know it was even mentioned, enjoy  :thumbsup:

Steve Green

Cheers to you both - annoyed that I forgot my camera and ended up missing it, but this makes up for it :)

radiator

Thanks, but.....

Any chance we could have an mp3 instead? Having trouble getting that WMA file on my Mac...

EDIT: Don't worry - got it playing with VLC...

ming

Thanks Wake and John for doing this!  For non-UK based Squaxx like me, it's great to get a chance to check this out.  I've really enjoyed the coverage given to Kapow on the board, and 2000AD seems to have had a satisfyingly high profile.  Next year... will try and get my finger out.

COMMANDO FORCES

You should ming, it would be great to get a massive amount of 2000AD fans at the next one and really take the place over with all the T-shirts on show  :D

Dandontdare

couldn't get that to work - it told me to download a plug-in, so i downloaded a plug-in... and it STILL tells me to download a plug-in. *sigh*

radiator

DDD - give VLC a try - worked for me! It's a program worth having on your computer in any case...

Thanks for recording and uploading that - was very interesting indeed. I feel an update of the Forthcoming Thrills and Trades thread is in order...

bluemeanie

The guys have been very cool and said I can post up an mp3 of this so once I check what I'm allowed to do it'll either be as a link on the website or available through the podcast feed

So just in case anyone is having trouble with the current format there'll be an mp3 somewhere tomorrow some time

uncle fester

VLC can play pretty much any media format so it's always worth getting. Then set it as your primary player. I binned all the other players bar QuickTime years ago as they refused more than they actually played.

EDIT: (Sorry that was a bit of a rant). Thanks guys! Looking forward to listening to this! :)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thanks a million for posting this. It's working fine for me and sounding really great so far.

Dandontdare

Quote from: radiator on 13 April, 2011, 08:59:05 PM
DDD - give VLC a try - worked for me! It's a program worth having on your computer in any case...

Done - and working fine, cheers. I'll give this a listen tomorrow.

CrazyFoxMachine

Brilliant stuff, cheers Wake and CF!

Completely fascinating, must've been great to see. Ewing is particularly funny and I enjoyed Gibbons saying "I used to read Burns as a kid, and he's still pumping out fully painted pages" - JB truly does deserve more recognition!

Is it Yeowell that's super quiet? I think so. Bloody good anyway, I've still got about twenty more minutes to hear but it's making great colourin' background noise :D