Main Menu

2000AD Southern Contingent celebrate the Prog's 37th Birthday (29th March)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 13 February, 2014, 04:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

After a long time in slumber, what better way to rouse the Southern Dreddheads, than a gathering to celebrate the 37th birthday of our favourite periodical.

The date is 29th March 2014

The time is 12:00

The locations are Forbidden Planet followed by The Crown and Anchor in Neal Street

Just in case, this is in London ;)

If you have never been to one of these then why not make this your first, as we have a great laugh! We start off in Forbidden Planet at 12:00 for a wee bit of shopping for about an hour, then we make our way along Neal Street to our local for copious drinking and at some time we do head off for some food.

So why not come along and have a laugh with your fellow forum members, you'll feel right at home!

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 February, 2014, 04:02:28 PM

So why not come along and have a laugh at your fellow forum members, you'll feel right at home![/color]

FTFY  :D

I suppose we'll have to have a Jockward squad one now, look out for the usual cancellation etc until ours happens in Sept  ::)
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Albion

Bugger. It clashes with football again. The Albion are at home to Middlesborough that day.  :(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dark Jimbo

After a long time in slumber, what better way to rouse the Southern Dreddheads, than a gathering to celebrate the 37th birthday of our favourite periodical.

And the 30th birthday of your favourite boarder two days later.  :D

I'll definately try and get to this - but then I say that every time and so far haven't made it.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 February, 2014, 05:04:54 PM

I suppose we'll have to have a Jockward squad one now, look out it being arranged so I can be there and then for for myusual cancellation etc

FTFY
Lock up your spoons!

CrazyFoxMachine

Bugger - like for the brum Dredd/Minty screening the week afore I'm on holiday then :( DAMN YOU LEISURETIME

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 13 February, 2014, 07:19:15 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 February, 2014, 05:04:54 PM

I suppose we'll have to have a Jockward squad one now, look out it being arranged so I can be there and then for for myusual cancellation etc

FTFY

Strue  :-[
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Just checked the event on Facebook and we have 14 already confirmed, looking good!

ZenArcade

Boy would I like to attend this, the craic'd be mighty. Hope you guys and gals have a ball.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Mardroid

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 February, 2014, 07:14:45 PM

And the 30th birthday of your favourite boarder two days later.  :D

And nine days after my own. The 39th in my case (dear me).

Edit: so I'm two years older than the Prog. And it's only been in relatively recent years that I've been reading it.

Yeah I'm up for this.

SuperSurfer

I need to check on Tues evening if this clashes with something else. If not, I'll be there.

COMMANDO FORCES

Must remember, bumps for Mardroid ;)

Let us hope you are free SuperSurfer, as it won't be the same without you!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just saw this on the GOSH site From the 24th through to the 30th of March, customers will be able to get 25% off all Rebellion titles! We may be cheeky buggers if there's no sale on in FP and pop down there ;)