Main Menu

Meg 301

Started by I, Cosh, 14 August, 2010, 02:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Mid-afternoon and no love for the latest Meg? Surely the welcome respite from the usual ramblings of the Messrs Proudfoot and Watson can't be the reason?

A good one-off Dredd from Rennie gets things off to a flying start. Funny that both this week's Dredds have a running theme. This must almost double the number of stories about running! There was that one where the guy got shot for being determined to beat his best time (Spoiler) drawn by Duncan Fegredo or Sean Phillips or someone else old-and-good-who-you-thought-you'd-never-see-in-the-Prog-again. Then there was The House on Runner's Walk. Which wasn't really about running, but mentions it in the title. If you extend to stories about people who are on the run, then the count would go up significantly. Come on Tharg, get some new material. You can't keep feeding us this same old stuff.

Everything else carries on well from last month, although it's predominantly good art buoying up decent stories. Armitage was unexpectedly short with a decent twist. Inaba seems more fun without Shimura being all broody and honourable and Anderson is still enjoyable but I rather wish they'd stuck to the short-haired remodel she got a few years ago.

I haven't read any of the articles as I haven't needed a shite yet.
We never really die.