Main Menu

Film Help......

Started by klute, 30 March, 2011, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

I remember watching a film in the mid to late eighties maybe early ninties..i would class it as a horror? memory is very vague BUT

I do remember some of it was set in a subway train and i remember a man in a lift splitting in 2 from the head down to reveal a mutant/monster/thing underneither

There was a fight/battle on the subway train...again vague not sure if anyone can help but if so id be over the moon to know what it was
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Richmond Clements

Greg M.

It's not Dreamscape, is it? That has a psychic dream sequence involving a train full of victims of a nuclear apocalypse, and a bit where a chap's head splits open to reveal a snake-man? (This happens in a lift.)

Buttonman

'Mimic' sounds a fair guess. One it won't be (if it's definitely 80s is Midnight Meat Train which is set mostly in the subway and manages to be a lot of fun despite featuring Vinnie Jones.

klute

klute

Quote from: Greg M. on 30 March, 2011, 05:11:41 PM
It's not Dreamscape, is it? That has a psychic dream sequence involving a train full of victims of a nuclear apocalypse, and a bit where a chap's head splits open to reveal a snake-man? (This happens in a lift.)

It looks like your spot on i'd forgot about the heart being pulled out of the guys chest on the train...just watched that clip Thanks:)

There's a few from the eighties that now have me puzzled

Greg M.

No bother, I love the train sequence and the earlier bit where the hero confronts the wonderful stop-motion snake-man in the boy's nightmare. Classic 80s fare.

SmallBlueThing

Is dreamscape available on dvd? I used to love that film, for all its contentious proto-nightmare on elm streetism.
SBT

klute

Quote from: Greg M. on 30 March, 2011, 05:28:06 PM
No bother, I love the train sequence and the earlier bit where the hero confronts the wonderful stop-motion snake-man in the boy's nightmare. Classic 80s fare.

Im a fan of 80s fare by far the best film i remember from the 80s was Q the winged serpent

Greg M.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 March, 2011, 05:36:09 PM
Is dreamscape available on dvd? I used to love that film, for all its contentious proto-nightmare on elm streetism.

Yeah, I've got it on an M.I.A Video DVD released in 2000.

Quote from: klute on 30 March, 2011, 05:37:04 PM
Im a fan of 80s fare by far the best film i remember from the 80s was Q the winged serpent

Ah, Larry Cohen. Can't go wrong with a bit of 'It's Alive'.

klute

Quote from: Greg M. on 30 March, 2011, 05:41:02 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 March, 2011, 05:36:09 PM

Yeah, I've got it on an M.I.A Video DVD released in 2000.

Ah, Larry Cohen. Can't go wrong with a bit of 'It's Alive'.

Ebay seems to be quite abundant :)

SmallBlueThing

Im running off to do an internet search as soon as i get paid then. Cheers for that, it's certainly a blast from the past. Havent seen it since the late eighties, when my friend and i used to watch it regularly. Great stuff.
SBT

Buddy

And if I remember right Kate Capshaw has a quite revealing scene!!

Haven't seen it in years but will certainly track it down.

Keef Monkey

I've never seen nor heard of Dreamscape, but just from those snippets I think I now should.

Mardroid

I remember that one!

Another I quite liked was Wolfen.