Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Great news SG! That Kraken shower curtain is crackin.  ::)

Dandontdare

Theblazeuk

Where can you get that curtain? Is it here in the smoke somewhere or an online thing?

staticgirl

It has sold out in that website now (grrr) but I have found it on amazon uk by searching for 'kraken shower curtain' and scrolling through the results. It's a few quid more though.

Theblazeuk

Hmm pretty good stuff even in alternative designs... wonder if the wife will enjoy the artwork or hate the surprise cephalopod.... cheers!

JayzusB.Christ

Great news, staticgirl.  Sounds like a top gaff.  I think I'll have a hunt for that shower curtain too; I'm moving onto my houseboat* soon and I think it fits the look perfectly.

*Life is indeed sometimes sort of ok
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

Will it be a stationary houseboat, or will you be travelling, like the boards very own Dick Warner?  Ill have to say it sounds class!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: staticgirl on 20 January, 2017, 04:18:46 PM
I'm going to sign the contract on a new rented flat on Monday. It is more expensive (all flats are more expensive than mine - I was on borrowed time) but I'll save a little money on transport to make it less painful and it's next to a nature reserve. I have been looking for somewhere to live for three months since the landlord decided to chuck me out. Landlords are not happy I'm a bit late but frakk them. Nearly there! Gonna buy a RUG.

Congratulations, staticgirl - I detest having to hunt for new flats.  Fortunately it looks like I'm in the current place for the foreseeable future.  Liking the kraken shower curtain - my much-loved world map shower curtain has a few tears on it, so may have to bear that kind of curtain in mind soon.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: maryanddavid on 24 January, 2017, 11:41:42 PM
Will it be a stationary houseboat, or will you be travelling, like the boards very own Dick Warner?  Ill have to say it sounds class!

Thanks! Mainly static (with the houseboat community in Hazelhatch in Celbridge) but will definitely be going for a mooch around now and again.
And thanks to you Sharky too!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 January, 2017, 12:45:18 AM

Mainly static (with the houseboat community in Hazelhatch in Celbridge) but will definitely be going for a mooch around now and again.

Sounds great, and not too far from the city centre either.
Nice one!

TordelBack

Great news JBC, Celbridge is a good spot - worked in Castletown House for a fair while, a terrific resource to have in your backyard (and a short paddle for you!).

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, guys. Castletown house is great, yeah - fairly familiar with the place having lived in Leixlip for years. I used to bring my old boat (Lidl, inflatable, battery motor) down the Liffey through its grounds.
I love Hazelhatch too, it's got one of my favourite pubs there and a lovely view. Kind of glad the whole renting land thing didn't work out, this is way more fun.

staticgirl

That sounds great, I'm really pleased for you. And a kraken curtain would be perfect!

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, I'm totally ripping you off there  ;)