Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Nothing apparently... wonderful aftie/night. :D
DDT did a job on me

Old Tankie

Had a great day with the grandchildren, they can teach you so much, I now know what a fidget spinner is!!!

Smith

You didnt have internet before that? :p

Robin Low

...you can discover new things everyday, and not every comment after a YouTube video is vile.

I was watching the grenade scene from Captain America, and someone mentioned Desmond Doss who I looked up in Wikipedia. You go read his Medal of Honor citation down the Wiki page. He was basically Dredd with a med-kit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

The recent movie completely passed me by.

Regards,

Robin

JayzusB.Christ

It's a scorching day, and I live on a boat with a roof that slides open. Admittedly I have to bail loads of leaked diesel out of the bilge today, and far worse, go into the canal in a wetsuit to cut a rope out of the propeller, but it's worth it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Good problems to have, JBC!

I've just got in from a bonfire with a handful of friends. Beer, singing, henna tattoos and curry. I even got to play the tambourine - and nailed it*! Not a bad night at all.

*I didn't nail it. Not even close.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 June, 2017, 11:59:31 PM
Good problems to have, JBC!

I've just got in from a bonfire with a handful of friends. Beer, singing, henna tattoos and curry. I even got to play the tambourine - and nailed it*! Not a bad night at all.

*I didn't nail it. Not even close.

My kind of night! I remember a similar night years back, where i got talking to the guy beside me. He was American and had come over specifically to see a 'Celtic castle'. I didn't have the heart to tell him all our ones are Norman.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Smith

But why did they build it so close to the airport? ;)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

You obviously have experience with American tourists.

TordelBack

Just two ugly hours to go on what please Grud is my last night shift for a good long while. No more trying to go to sleep at a sunny 7am with earplugs and eyemasks. And if anyone out there is listening, much as the money makes it well worth the effort, 11 hours is just TOO LONG for a night shift. Climbing the walls by 4am. Aaaaaalmost there.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm off on holiday for two weeks tomorrow!

(But I've done about around 90 hours a week for the last fortnight to get there, which kinda defeats the purpose).
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Robin Low on 17 June, 2017, 09:28:47 AM
...you can discover new things everyday, and not every comment after a YouTube video is vile.

I was watching the grenade scene from Captain America, and someone mentioned Desmond Doss who I looked up in Wikipedia. You go read his Medal of Honor citation down the Wiki page. He was basically Dredd with a med-kit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

The recent movie completely passed me by.

Regards,

Robin

wow, going to watch that movie now.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Some times things fall into place and good shit comes out of bad, never want to draw the attention of capricious gods, but things going okay at Huff Mansions sur la Mer.

DDT did a job on me