Main Menu

Is Nikolai Dante ever going to get reprints?

Started by rs_jr, 14 May, 2018, 01:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs_jr

Hi

Does any one know if we will get reprints of the OOP trades or is Rebellion planning hardcover editions like ABC warriors ?

Thanks

Colin YNWA

I think Tharg has tried getting these books out there with the American releases. Alas these didn't get any traction.

For now you'll have to make do with the new Hatchette hardback collection (as far as I'm aware that is) which are great and do the job of collecting Dante just fine.

rs_jr

what are Hatchette hardback collection?

Thanks

Colin YNWA

Its a current ongoing part working collecting the best (or most famous at least) 2000ad stories. You can visit the site for it here:

https://hachettepartworks.com/2000-ad-the-ultimate-collection

and there's a thread discussing it here:

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=44203

For Dante to date, the first 3 of what I believe will be 7 or 8 collections are out now, the rest over the next two or three years. You'll need issues 8, 12 and 19 to get the currently available ones, you might be able to pick up issue 19 in Smiths or your local comic shop as its the current issue. The back issues you can either pick up from Hatchette direct, still at cover price anyway. Or a quick eBay search should sort you out.

While 2 to 3 year may seem a wait I do think that currently this will be the best collections of Dante available. Nice packages at a good price and Dante is worth the wait and the cliffhangers!

IndigoPrime

Yep. The downside will be the spines, which are 'anonymous' regarding what's in the books. (That said, you could easily enough make your own by printing on to sticky sheets.) However, ten quid each for hardback volumes that have a higher page count than £!7.99+ paperbacks seems like a good shout if you want to collect the story.

TordelBack

rs_jr

Thanks everyone

I will check it out and see if they ship to the states.

gameluvah

Quote from: rs_jr on 15 May, 2018, 12:04:30 AM
Thanks everyone

I will check it out and see if they ship to the states.

Alas, they do not. I all ready looked into it and no go. To buy them on eBay is typically $15 a book plus $30 shipping from UK to the states!!!!

Much sadness....

rs_jr

But we love 2000ad here in north America :(

Rebellion please consider your fans here

IndigoPrime

It's Hachette, rather than Rebellion, note, for these books. Presumably needs a US-based company/distributor to get on board, in a manner that would make sense in the US market. At present, shipping's unfortunately always going to be expensive, because these are chunky hardbacks. Looking at the recent Dante hardback, which is 900g, that would have to be sent as a small parcel. Using Royal Mail's cheapest option (international economy, which takes up to 42 days), you're talking £8.55 (about $12) for shipping. International standard (5–7 days) is £13.35 (about $18). Anyone charging $30 is taking the piss.

Bad City Blue

I am sure you can find someone who will ship them for you, a nice 2000AD friend!
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

gameluvah

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 May, 2018, 10:13:30 AM
It's Hachette, rather than Rebellion, note, for these books. Presumably needs a US-based company/distributor to get on board, in a manner that would make sense in the US market. At present, shipping's unfortunately always going to be expensive, because these are chunky hardbacks. Looking at the recent Dante hardback, which is 900g, that would have to be sent as a small parcel. Using Royal Mail's cheapest option (international economy, which takes up to 42 days), you're talking £8.55 (about $12) for shipping. International standard (5–7 days) is £13.35 (about $18). Anyone charging $30 is taking the piss.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's a shame eBay lets them abuse the shipping like that. For that amount you quoted I would probably dive in on a few particular favorites.