Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

The Fall was bizarro indeed, but Mark E Smith did produce a body of work that was unique. Sorry to hear he's gone and I know he was a rumbustious, confrontational and divisive figure but you never forgot him or his music.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

rogue69

Dennis Edwards, Former Lead Singer of The Temptations, has passed away aged 74

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Greg M.

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Daveycandlish

John Gavin the man who was hired to play Bond after Lazenby has died. (He was paid off so that Connery could return)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

rogue69

Eddy Amoo lead singer of the band The Real Thing best know for the songs You To Me Are Everything & Feel The Force

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43175743

Batman's Superior Cousin

Texts from Last Night

Greg M.

Yes, two-and-a-half years ago.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 February, 2018, 07:47:58 PM
Yes, two-and-a-half years ago.

Yes, I'm only now well aware of that fact. Sorry!!!
Texts from Last Night

Daveycandlish

Is he the new Tony Hart?  :D :P
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Greg M.

The wonderful David Ogden Stiers, best known as Major Charles Emerson Winchester III from M*A*S*H, has left us, aged 75.

Tjm86

Man!  Chuck was one of the best things about the latter years of MASH.  My favourite has to be the episode in which he spent the entire time sucking up to a British doctor who he thought was aristocracy, only to find out that he had gulled himself.

A close second, IIRC (and we've all seen how bad my memory is lately) was his performance in Doc Hollywood as the mayor.  An enjoyable bit of cheese.

Greg M.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 04 March, 2018, 11:34:19 AM
My favourite has to be the episode in which he spent the entire time sucking up to a British doctor who he thought was aristocracy, only to find out that he had gulled himself.

His first episode is great - we really get the sense that Hawkeye and BJ now finally have a worthy adversary - but I'm particularly fond of the one in which he encounters Colonel Flagg. Flagg, expecting a Frank Burns-style potential collaborator, utterly misreads Charles, and pays the price.