Main Menu

Z Nation

Started by Professor Bear, 16 September, 2014, 12:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

New to SyFy, the Asylum finds it's level as the no-budget mockbuster production company - whose CEOs famously went on record as saying the quality of their films was "irrelevant" - lowers itself further to make a tv show for a channel that famously hates its own fans even more than it hates spending money, and lawks but it's actually not that bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqbHm6RTHHM
Well, okay it's not actually not that good either and by God is it cheap-looking and acted like it's an afterthought, but if - like me - you're burnt out on the whole "we humans are the real monsters!" angle that has choked the simple gory pleasures out of the zombiepocalypse genre in favor of juvenile angst and just want to see a Lost castmember with a machine gun hunting a zombie baby - zombaby? - like it's the alien from Alien, Z Nation has got your back, brah.  Despite it being running zombies and hinging around a zombie cure McGuffin, the show returns to the fun-n-trashy b-movie roots that typified the VHS era of zombie flicks, so if that's your bag at all and you don't mind that it's shot in scrapyards and derelict buildings, it might be worth a look.

Satanist

I watched the first episode of this as I will watch almost anything with zombies in it. It was shite.

Though I did laugh when it mentioned Rick from Walking Dead.

Poor script, acting and effects.

Im deffo watching the next few eps!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

amines2058

Watched the 1st twenty minutes then turned off and watched the latest Strain. May return if bored one night, but it was a bit cringeworthy to me. I know people will say it is so bad it is good, but I am not sure if I can invest any of my already limited TV / movie watching time to something like this.

Professor Bear

I have always believed that if something being shite is a barrier to your enjoying it, zombie fiction is probably not for you.  Or anything shown on SyFy.  Z Nation is both AND it's made by Asylum, a company that at one point existed only to make films with the word "shark" in the title, so it's not like you weren't warned.

COMMANDO FORCES

This is coming to Freeview on 'PICK TV' from the promotional push at the moment on telly.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Problem Solved on 17 September, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
I have always believed that if something being shite is a barrier to your enjoying it, zombie fiction is probably not for you.  Or anything shown on SyFy.  Z Nation is both AND it's made by Asylum, a company that at one point existed only to make films with the word "shark" in the title, so it's not like you weren't warned.

Aren't the ones that also have The Walking Dead?

I know you may need a bit more patience with this series if you intend on continueing to watch it. I have missed a few episode of this myself due lack of interest, but sometime tune in for it's own brand of cheap and nasty survival horror.

[spoiler]Besides, in the last episode of that season the dude who was injected with huge amounts of the syrum before he got bitten and forever remained immune.

It looks like he removes a entire layer of his own skin before walking out into the open naked.

Yet, it hard to tell because he is standing the shadow of the doorway.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Sloughed[/spoiler]

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 08 July, 2015, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: Problem Solved on 17 September, 2014, 03:03:16 PM

Aren't the ones that also have The Walking Dead?
No.