Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Started by TordelBack, 23 January, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Back and forth is getting tiring now.....can we just draw a line under it?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SIP on 29 August, 2018, 11:49:04 AM
That's still you making an accusatory comment that I aggravated TB by my actions. It's a film discussion thread, that is all that has transpired isn't it?

For someone staying out of this thread to avoid aggro, you're not doing a very good job, are you?

Once again: I've been as clear as I can be. I think you've misread at least some of what I was posting and are choosing to double down on that misreading even though I've pointed to the original posts and reiterated their meanings using words of as few syllables as possible.

Take the posts how you want. I've tried to clarify. I've offered an apology. At this point, I'm not going to accept that I'm the one generating any 'aggro' here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SIP on 29 August, 2018, 11:51:39 AM
Back and forth is getting tiring now.....can we just draw a line under it?

Done.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 29 August, 2018, 11:19:39 AM
CinemaSins need an iron bar taking to their CinemaShins.

The biggest crime against objective and enthusiastic cinema critiquing to ever blight this hell hole we call the internet.

"It's just a joke.  You must have no sense of humor."

TordelBack

"Title is on the screen for 5 entire seconds.  That's forever in today's terms,  and it's worth 3 sins". Ahahahahahahah.

Tiplodocus

Character does something I wouldn't do; 10 sins.

This, particularly about Steve Rogers throwing himself on a live grenade in Captain AmetiAmerica. Literally the WHOLE point of the scene.

I watched one of those Cinema Sins Sins videos and the final comment was a brilliant "Jesus! I've never seem someone simultaneously watch and not watch a film at the same time!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

How significant do we think Kylie and Snape's relationship's sexual dimension is?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 August, 2018, 12:55:55 PM
How significant do we think Kylie and Snape's relationship's sexual dimension is?

In Star Wars, that's no reason to assume they aren't brother and sister.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 August, 2018, 11:17:54 AM
If I've learned one thing from being a Phantom Menace fan,  it's that there's no point having an argument with someone who has had the Truth revealed to them with a side order of pizza rolls and a print-your-own Masters in Film Studies diploma from Stoklasa University.

That's mutual surely :D

IAMTHESYSTEM

Did Rian Johnson have an impossible job killing off the remaining characters from A New Hope plus bringing in their replacements like Rose? It struck me as being a complicated task to achieve, but I enjoyed TLJ it had many faults I didn't feel Luke would have behaved the way he did, giving up on all he struggled to achieve before but that's the storyline's main thrust, you have to let the past go and try to build a better future somewhere else.

Rey as the most powerful Jedi in History? That intrigues me since as a Jedi she can accomplish great things, but as a Sith, she could achieve everything she desired! MUUHAARRWWR! I can understand why so many disliked this film since it jettisoned a great deal of what made SW recognisable but change is what the Filmmakers were after, and that's what you have to accept to a certain degree they achieved.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Frank on 28 August, 2018, 10:45:35 PM
Star Wars continues to be something to feel strongly about instead of all the dull, real-world things about which they should have been feeling strongly but didn't want to deal with. My own reaction to the film was indifference, so I'm guilty of psychological projection, here.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Frank gets real about his Star Wars feels

Frank

Have I told you how I like to watch this and cry? Somebody stuck her theme under this one, which is a little in the nose.

Frank

Quote from: Frank on 29 August, 2018, 09:00:58 PM
a little in the nose

I realise that looks like the crassest joke in the world, but it was a genuine typo.

JOE SOAP

Have I told you how I like to watch this and cry? Somebody stuck her theme under this one, which is a little in the nose.

Oh, oui je t'aime!
Moi non plus

TordelBack

It's damned odd how footage of Carrie gets me at an emotional level.  The second one of those,  full-on auuuughh.