Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - 23 April, 2024, 06:42:08 AM
'The big greenie' comic - a kids comic from 1995 supposedly about environmental issues. Not sure any comic with a strip called 'One day on death row' can really be aimed at kids but there you go. Only 3 issues.

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/04/the-big-greenie-comic.html
Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by Colin YNWA - 23 April, 2024, 06:04:47 AM
Well damn this one arrived yesterday but still waiting for 2378! Hate when that happens.
Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by broodblik - 23 April, 2024, 04:04:54 AM
Cover by I. N. J. Culbard:

Suggestions / Re: 2000AD app - double page s...
Last post by broodblik - 23 April, 2024, 04:04:24 AM
Quote from: JohnCKirk on 22 April, 2024, 09:07:14 PMDo you read all issues in landscape mode, or switch between portrait and landscape?

I read portrait mode and when we have a double page I just swing to landscape mode. I do not have a problem reading the prog/meg itself. I also download the CBZ to my computer for easy access afterwards.
Prog / Prog 2379 - Humanity on the Br...
Last post by Richard - 23 April, 2024, 12:39:47 AM
:o

Proteus Vex -- say it ain't so!
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 22 April, 2024, 10:44:38 PM
I do remember watching I, Claudius happened not long after Rome, and the last emperor of the latter was the first of the former - can't remember his name though.  So I watched them back to back and despite the massive drop in production values it was a straight run of Roman history.  Great stuff; though I've since learned that Caligula's depravity may well have been exaggerated a lot - it was just that people didn't like him much. Still an absolute masterclass in acting by John Hurt, of course.

Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by The Legendary Shark - 22 April, 2024, 09:39:11 PM

I think Bernard Hill played an officer in the Praetorian Guard, the one who finds Claudius hiding behind the curtain if memory serves. Centurion Yosser - "Gizzan emperor, go on, gizz 'im."

I'm on to Spartacus (again) now. Next time I'm in a Roman mood I'm gonna do Spartacus first, then Rome, then I, Claudius because they all happen within a few decades of each other. Maybe I'll even top off that future binge with Gladiator, because why not?

Suggestions / Re: 2000AD app - double page s...
Last post by Doomlord66 - 22 April, 2024, 09:26:21 PM
I use Comic Screen for all my comics on my tablet. Seems to handle everything ok
Help! / Re: Rebellion and Rights to Ea...
Last post by Steve Green - 22 April, 2024, 09:16:21 PM
Hibernia already reprinted some of it, I'm not sure if that was before John challenged DDC over it though.

Not the Photo-strips though, I vaguely remember something about model release forms could be an issue (not necessarily for Doomlord but in general)

Or reproducing them was more of a headache/questionable popularity than the drawn strips?
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addictio...
Last post by PsychoGoatee - 22 April, 2024, 09:08:15 PM
I can explain! :D When I mentioned I got Zeta Gundam with the DVD box, I mean when it came out in 2004! ZZ was not released in English officially until I wanna say 15 years or so later, though there were fansubs, and fan opinion at the time was ZZ was ok/cool but you could skip it. It has risen in status as a fan fav. I've always meant to watch it though, so for sure I'll give it a go on my latest Tomino go. Happy to hear you're digging it!

So much Gundam to watch for sure, and other Tomino shows like Dunbine etc I've meant to see.