Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Rately on 17 June, 2017, 12:24:50 PM
I can just imagine the little caravan encampment. Gove and Johnson sat with Sammy and Edwin, tea and biscuits, surrounded by Union Jacks.

Well they've already had the bloody bonfire.

The Legendary Shark

"These are small, those are far away..."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JLC

We are talking about religion?!? When we are seeing the poor being burnt to death in their homes in part due to the negligence of our government?!?

Professor Bear

Because lefties have hijacked the tragedy.
Meanwhile, Kensington's Tory-run council is rehousing Grenfell survivors outside Kensington despite Theresa May's assurance that this wouldn't happen, which is baffling until you remember that Kensington just elected its first Labour MP by a majority of 20.
But yeah, it's the lefties who have taken advantage.

JLC

Yes & those who don't take the relocation will be branded as 'intentionally homeless'. Shameful actions by a shameful government intent on class & ethnic cleansing of Kennsington

Professor Bear

On social media I'm seeing the "paid protestors" narrative emerging already.  "They must be doing this only because they are paid to by lefties, because the survivors have nothing to be angry about and no-one has done anything wrong."  I want to believe this is motivated by malice because the alternative is terrifying: that these fuckers genuinely live in an alternate version of reality where over a hundred people (tbc) dying in a slum fire in one of the richest cities in the world is beneath their notice.

Eric Plumrose

According to Sky News, Sadiq Khan's already calling the incident at Finsbury Park 'a terrorist attack', which seems a little premature given the fairly moderate reporting so far. Might yet be a disgruntled fuckwit rather than a ideologically-motivated one.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

CalHab

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 19 June, 2017, 07:52:31 AM
According to Sky News, Sadiq Khan's already calling the incident at Finsbury Park 'a terrorist attack', which seems a little premature given the fairly moderate reporting so far. Might yet be a disgruntled fuckwit rather than a ideologically-motivated one.

"driver shouted 'I want to kill all Muslims,' witness says"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/19/several-casualties-reported-after-van-hits-pedestrians-in-north-london

GordonR

Quote from: CalHab on 19 June, 2017, 12:19:14 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/19/several-casualties-reported-after-van-hits-pedestrians-in-north-london

And drove all the way from Wales possibly just to run over some London Muslims.

But, as Eric says, let's not jump to conclusions.  Because he's white, he's probably just 'disgruntled' about something.

sheridan

Quote from: GordonR on 19 June, 2017, 12:31:04 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 19 June, 2017, 12:19:14 PM

And drove all the way from Wales possibly just to run over some London Muslims.

But, as Eric says, let's not jump to conclusions.  Because he's white, he's probably just 'disgruntled' about something.

...and also the closest mosque to Jeremy Corbyn's house.  I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if it turns out to be a white, right-wing terrorist (though why has he been charged with 'attempted murder' and not 'terrorism'?)

The Legendary Shark

He'll probably be diagnosed with "mental problems," as white Christians* are rarely terrorists...

*presumably.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

The Met issued a statement belatedly, saying the act is being "treated as a terrorist attack" which isn't the same as it being one, despite what Sky News seems to think.

While no less deplorable, it's quite conceivable (as of writing with no other reliable information immediately available) a hate crime. "I want to kill all Muslims" doesn't really give us anything beyond said fuckwit's immediate intent. Until established it was a deliberate act intended to engender fear among UK Muslims I'm not comfortable with him being called a 'terrorist'.

Tjm86

I missed the bit where his religion was mentioned in the news reports.  In fact I've yet to see anything about his skin colour.  Granted that may be something I have missed rather than it not having been reported. I know Pontyclun is a hot bed of fanaticism and radicalism, being at the heart of the EU hating, Brexit voting valleys.

Tjm86

Sorry, just seen the video footage.  So he is white.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Tjm86 on 19 June, 2017, 12:57:03 PM
Sorry, just seen the video footage.  So he is white.

Far as I'm aware, there's wasn't any mention of his race prior to the phone footage. Or since, it seems. "We know what he looks like", as one talking head just said.